• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A guy beats Half Life in 45 minutes!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was simply amazed at the falling down long, deep holes, and then just tapping the end of a ladder to not take any fall damage, that was ridiculous :D

u should paly sven coop every one in there are nuts when we play hl maps we always go through it in the matter of mins lol its sooo fast...but thats kinda cool he beat it in 45 mins....what lvl tho???? hard easy etc

You can still bunnyhop in cs btw(well I can) you just need to practice it a lot. As for the video its very impressive, it took me 13hours to beat half-life and I thought i did it fast lol.
THeNewGuy

WOW that was cool. It was well worth the wait. Stuff like that is why I am constantly on the internet all the time.

Man that game brings back memories. The picture for my Avatar over here
<<------------
was when I spent a long time in Kuwait. Most of the people on the base would spend all thier free time after work playing Half-Life against each other. This game was the only thing that kept you from going crazy staring at the sun all day like some of the locals. I miss those lazer activated mines so much. Most of all, I miss ****ing people off "One-Shotting" them with the crossbow...

Thanks for the Link!

I look for HL2 to be longer than other recent FPS. Wonder how long Doom3 will be? I always hated how Max Payne (1 & 2) and Call of Duty were so short.

drenader said:
that mario video is fake? where have i been. How was it fake? Please tell me.

he used an emulator... someone said it in the above post.

Wow, i just watched it. Im pretty sure some of the stuff he did you cant do... Like when he had the scientist open the Door to the silo controls. And had the guard open the doors in office complex even tho he was on the wrong side. But i had never thought of using snarks or Mines like he did. Ill have to remember to use the mines as stairs.

"First off, I have to give credit to -think.circle- and Dopefish because I would never have done a speedrun if someone hadn't done a run before me, and I used a lot of tricks from their runs. Also, the majority of the time saved on this run is from tricks Spider-Waffle found (some of which are quite crazy).

This run is somewhat different as it's in 21 segments rather than the 42 or 106 of the previous runs. It saves a bit of time because there's a half-second penalty for each segment on SDA, but even with this I'm sure someone could easily improve on this run by breaking it up nto segments around a minute long, simply because it's far easier to get good times with short segments. Overall, there are a lot of places the run could go smoother, but I think doing long segments perfectly is best left to the QdQ people. "
Its a quote from the guy who did it. I found it on HL2 Central. Obviously it was done in segments. So it was all video edited.

yea that mario video didn't seem fake at all....somebody mentioned an emulator but im not seeing how that would help him beat it faster

austinbmxnig said:
yea that mario video didn't seem fake at all....somebody mentioned an emulator but im not seeing how that would help him beat it faster

I was under the impression that it was totally edited frame by frame.

Back