• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed 0xc000000e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R1S8K

Hi,

I know the cause of the problem.

I installed a Win 10 on another HDD and at the same time my rig OS SSD is connected to the motherboard.

I should've removed the main SSD and connected the HDD I want to install a copy of Win 10 and then returned my main SSD.

Then when I removed the HDD, I started to get this error.

1.jpg

When I press enter:

2.jpg

Then I'm forced to press F9 to continue to Win 10 and then I get this window:

3.jpg

It's obvious the the ghost of the HDD is missing and my main OS in the SSD went to Volume 4.

How to solve this problem ?

You borked the boot loader. Try repairing it from windows (F1), then Troubleshoot and Startup Repair.

You borked the boot loader. Try repairing it from windows (F1), then Troubleshoot and Startup Repair.

Looks like that! I think it's a boot loader error, because it's before the kernel can load, IIRC, likened to a GRUB rescue prompt. That would be the Windows 10 version of a GRUB error.

I tried the solutions of using command prompt using windows copy in usb but didn't work.

I decided to install a new copy of windows and that's it, I thought the solution would be easy but critical actions didn't work.

Looks like that! I think it's a boot loader error, because it's before the kernel can load, IIRC, likened to a GRUB rescue prompt. That would be the Windows 10 version of a GRUB error.

You're right. I by mistake installed the windows copy on the old windows partition, without formatting all windows partitions. So I got the same problem.

I had to go back, erase all windows partitions, and install a new one.

Back