• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aargh, down again!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey gang, New to Seti (Seti name Scott559) and I have a couple of questions, I started crunching with a thrown together 939 based stock 4000 Sandy last Saturday night, First question, How long should I wait until I go to the optimized client? I am currently using the screensaver version, Next question I have 4 tasks that have been done for 5-6 days and they are still pending, Is it normal for it take awhile on some of the tasks? Thanks for any help, I won't have a crunching monster right now, However I will let it chug along...

Welcome Scott,

A little off topic, but you can/should switch to the optimized client asap. I don't have the actual figures, but you WILL get an improvement.

"pendings"-Seti (afaik) needs at least 2 people to complete each unit. If it's pending for you, you wait. If you get immediate credit, somebody else waited.

Welcome Scott,

A little off topic, but you can/should switch to the optimized client asap. I don't have the actual figures, but you WILL get an improvement.

"pendings"-Seti (afaik) needs at least 2 people to complete each unit. If it's pending for you, you wait. If you get immediate credit, somebody else waited.

Thx donuts, My bad for sticking this in the wrong place, Sorry bout that!

Hey ScottinIndy, welcome to the team.

I install the optimized client about 10 seconds after I finish configuring the base client (without graphics). No need to wait any longer than it takes to set up the account and download a single work unit.

Back