• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit Max 3 can't run memory 1:1 at 250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
meionm said:
I think it's my board, anyways it went for rma,

Reasons I tried runing my memory insted of 4x256 I ran 2x256, what happend it was more unstable than when it was with 4x256 and there wasn't any improvement with overclocking

Reason 2 won't update from floppy, please wait while updating and nothing

I don't think that's a defect but it's really anoying stuff
after flashing bios with flash software in windows, ide raid function is missing bios I can't diable it becase it's not in options after second flash it's back
Everychange of memory is pain, it needs to rebooted three times before I can enter bios, the same goes when I do something stupid like overclock it to much or set memory timing to tight and bios won't post, I don't even think that clear cmos works on this board becase it does nothing

Wow, I've never had any of that trouble with my MAX3. Seems like RMA was a good choice. Let me know what happens with your board. I hope you get all the kinks straightened out.

What revision of the board you have? Oldest revisions has this 'MC60' cap on and it limits board too much with FSB. I don't know have you ever heard about this but from newer revisions this MC60 cap is removed to get better overclocking results.

The board has problems running at 270+ fsb and 1:1 ratio, second motherboard even I exchange my memory for ocz 4400 2x512, No improvements that althogh I got to 275-280 range at 1:1 but it wasn't stable so I had to switch to 5:4.
currend vcore 1.7v---fsb 283
memory vcore 2.8v---226----2.5-4-3-5
video vcore 1.6v---486/351

Currently

Back