• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit's nForce4 Fata1ity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
People always say "GAMER = SLI", but SLI is a small enthusiast market. It is complicated (more than normal) and expensive.

SLI is for the crazy extreme gamer with bags of money and the hardcore bencher with bags of money.

Come on people. AMD FX55's and A64 4000+'s are the best for gaming, but MOST gamers dont have them.

Personally I think this whole Fatility nonsense is going to be the downfall of Abit. You cant endorse PC parts...period. I dont care who sez its cool or hip or that this Fatality moron is the best FPS player in the world.

THAT doesnt sell PCs. If it did you'd see all sorts of celebs endorsing Dells...but do you see that? NO

Its all about options and quality and not the "l33t factor"

Sentential said:
You cant endorse PC parts

You can endorse anything. :p

However, the bottom line in this business is almost always the "performance for value" model. Elvis himself could come back from the dead to endorse a certain computer component, but it wouldn't mean squat if it:

A. Did not perform well.
B. Was too overpriced for the mass market.

P.S.
Does anyone know if they (Abit) plan on releasing an SLI version of the nForce 4 Fat1lity line of motherboards? If not, I'll probably wind up going either Asus or DFI.

OMG LOL WTF Fatal1ty is the l33t, EVEN TOMS HARDWAWRE SEZ DAT!!11!

Seriously, I've seen it advertised on many hardware sites.

I personally only own 1 board, from the previous generation which we can ( I can) describe as "winning simplicity": We give you simple robust quality product, go on and get the maximum from it.

The following generation is "uGuru": More complicated, with a fancy logo/sticker/software, but telling you "you will overclock only as far as we let you" , and I don't like it, and so far shows to be a relative failure (comparing Nf7 to AN7).

I am looking forward for proven overclocking abilities of the "Fatality" series to make up my mind on the second generation.

Runner30 said:
OMG LOL WTF Fatal1ty is the l33t, EVEN TOMS HARDWAWRE SEZ DAT!!11!

Seriously, I've seen it advertised on many hardware sites.
:clap: My point exactally. Ever since Abit sold out and became the "thermaltake" of the 2nd tier market they have been paying for it in severe financial losses.

Especially when DFi came around. All the former Abit techs like Oskar Wu are now working for DFI, which would explain why Abit has been so ****ty as of late.

Frankly Im stunned that they would stoop as low as to slap some kid's name on their product to compete with the Lanprty group over at DFI. I garun-damn-tee you that the tards who will buy this board will be these lamer 15yr old kids who want to be cool like Mr. Fatility.

Case and point

DFI + Abit techs = Pwned

I'm not impressed. If Abit needs to pay that loser Fatal1ty just to sell their motherboard, that says a lot about their confidence in their own product.

deception``

deception`` said:
I'm not impressed. If Abit needs to pay that loser Fatal1ty just to sell their motherboard, that says a lot about their confidence in their own product.

deception``
No need to knock him.

Lots of reputable companies employ celibrity to market their products.

9mmCensor said:
No need to knock him.

Lots of reputable companies employ celibrity to market their products.

I am well aware of the fact that many firms look toward celebrity endorsements to sell a product. However, this is often a marketing strategy used with very new products for which a market has not yet been established. Abit, on the other hand, is a well-known company and does not need to resort to such tactics in order to sell their product. If they need to place some gamer's face on their product whereas other firms such as DFI, Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte could easily sell without, that should bring about speculation concerning their product. You think that it if it was that good they wouldn't need to use Fatal1ty, who I can honestly say probably had absolutely nothing to do with the actual production of the board itself. Simply put, Abit should be able to create a "gamers" board without the need for stupid marketing and an enthusiasts registry to unlock hidden bios features. Too much glam and not enough substance if you ask me.

deception``

Great looking board. But why is Abit trying to be cool with the stupid l33t sp34k spelling of "Fata1ity"? Leet is not a language and it needs to die a rancid death.

Looks to me like they could be cranking up the smoke machines so no one will notice the shady financial shenanigans going on at the top. If I worked for abit I'd be sending out my resumes; this doesn't look good.

hibner said:
Great looking board. But why is Abit trying to be cool with the stupid l33t sp34k spelling of "Fata1ity"? Leet is not a language and it needs to die a rancid death.

That is how the gamer has spelled his name for years, back when he was known as cK-Fata1ity.

deception``

meionm said:
They call it a gammer board but it doesn't support sli, I wander what the price tag on this thing

More competition among nf4 based boards = lower prices

SLI is not a gamers friend...you do reallize for SLI to work...there has to be a SLI driver written per game...this means you would have to switch back and forth between drivers just for changing games...and the game has to support SLI for the drivers to work correctly...

I am a gamer...and this is not a gamers setup right now...

glock19owner said:
SLI is not a gamers friend...you do reallize for SLI to work...there has to be a SLI driver written per game...this means you would have to switch back and forth between drivers just for changing games...and the game has to support SLI for the drivers to work correctly...

I am a gamer...and this is not a gamers setup right now...

Actually a game simply needs a "profile" to work under SLI, and NVIDIA has revealed that they plan to give the end user the ability to create and modify profiles as they please.

deception``

Overclockers community - people that understand,research, mod and risk their hardware.
I think the overclockers community is relatively small comparing to the market numbers, vast majority will not overclock unless given a sort of "uGuru". They will choose AN7 rather than NF7, because AN7 has such utility.

It's hard both to keep good reputation among "knowing" people , AND to make profits.
I'm sure the major reason for the 'uGuru' was the great number of returned NF7 boards, coming from a small overclocking community.

deception`` i agree with u on the most part of abits names and stuff but y is it whenever anybody apart from DFI release a board u bash it but as soon as DFI bring out a board its the greatest things that happened in 50years

do u work for them or are u just a fan of DFI ??

Steven4563 said:
deception`` i agree with u on the most part of abits names and stuff but y is it whenever anybody apart from DFI release a board u bash it but as soon as DFI bring out a board its the greatest things that happened in 50years

do u work for them or are u just a fan of DFI ??

I don't bash every non-DFI motherboard. As a matter of fact, I have made it a point of recommending other boards on a fairly consistent basis. If you looked through some of my previous posts, you'd find that I recommend a number of s939 motherboards, including the MSI K8N Neo2/Neo4/Diamond and the Asus A8N SLI.

For the record, I do not work for DFI; I am simply an enthusiast who knows his product.

Lastly, I noticed that you make it a point to scrutinize almost everything I say. If I were you, I wouldn't read so much into some of the things I say. If I had some sort of message to convey, I would state it explicitly.

deception``

Sentential said:
Personally I think this whole Fatility nonsense is going to be the downfall of Abit. You cant endorse PC parts...period. I dont care who sez its cool or hip or that this Fatality moron is the best FPS player in the world.

THAT doesnt sell PCs. If it did you'd see all sorts of celebs endorsing Dells...but do you see that? NO

Its all about options and quality and not the "l33t factor"

Actually, I doubt it. There are alot of people who play games and think that it is about the 1337 factor and even worse think that this guy endorsing it is 1337. But it's so clearly not.
It might not become the best for us REAL enthusiasts but I'm pretty sure it will have success, esp if they happen to have some nice features.

Back