• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About O/C in IGP HD4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My CPU starts with 34oC when I start windows, and then i begin to open softwares and instead of raising the temp it goes down to 32oC. I let the system idle and the MB starts to raise the temp from 34oC to 39-40oC... its weird
Both temps are higher than before.. i don´t know, just seems to be different, taking more time to start windows, msn messenger is slow..
If you haven't touched any of the default values in BIOS, especially the vCore and cpuNB voltage, then there's no telling where they're set and those could be (probably are) effecting your temps. Also, if SmartFAn is running (enabled in BIOS) it will lower your CPU fan speed and speed it up as CPU temps change and load increases and decreases.

If you're going to play with your IGP and don't want to overclock your CPU at this time I suggest you enter BIOS and manually set the vCore to 1.35 and the cpuNB to 1.15. It also wouldn't hurt to set the vDIMM to 1.55v to keep on the safe side ...

Back