• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abyone else playing GTA:LCS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

It seems like a mix between Vice City and GTAIII so far. The gfx aren't as detailed as the PS2, but the resolution is a lot better and the clip planes are much better.

I'm not too far in, but if someone else spent all yesterday playing it maybe they can give an opinion.

ps its controls are pretty tight and you can not swim. I'm still waiting to see if anyone has found a flying vehicle yet.

The multiplayer looks absolutely awesome, can you play infrastructure or just ad hoc?

Is driving or shooting as fun as it was in the other GTAs?

fuzzba11 said:
The multiplayer looks absolutely awesome, can you play infrastructure or just ad hoc?

Is driving or shooting as fun as it was in the other GTAs?

I haven't had much of a chance to mess with it yet, but its suposed to have ad-hoc and infrastructure so you can hook up locally with buds or go online with it.

Driving is as fun (I did mess with the motercycles) and shooting is pretty much the same, but I haven't tried manual aiming with the mini-analog yet. The auto-aiming works just as well as with a console controller, but I did have a little trouble gauging damage done to the guys I was shooting. Its like I was shooting the guys and their targeting arrows turned black (as in dead), but it still took about 4 more shots to take them down.

Heck, that could just be my noob-ness to the game though.

Anyway, so far its pretty much as good as a full GTA, not SA, but probably around VC quality.

Captain Newbie said:
R* is still on my s--t list, but hopefully this title will be better.

Which title ****ed you off? Most of their games are only so-so other than GTA and Max Payne.

OC Noob said:
Which title ****ed you off? Most of their games are only so-so other than GTA and Max Payne.

Well midnight club sucked, fake as hell lol, the nitrous actually pused you in the air like some turbines, man i remember you could almost fly.

Liberty City Stories

Its for the PSP and takes you back to Liberty City to play as Toni Cipriani in 1998.

They pretty much took GTAIII, got it running on the PSP and added and new story, characters, radio station stuff/songs, weapons, vehicles, missions, side jobs, etc...

Like I said earlier, its like GTAIII updated to be sort of like VC, but its as different from those two games as VC was from GTAIII..

Its got all new content and tons of extra side stuff, but you can also tell they could do anything as large as GTA:SA with the PSP.

Its about as good as it gets for a handheld. I was expecting more of a GTAIII with a new story and some extra vehicles, so I'm pretty happy.

Here is a nice video review:

http://media.psp.ign.com/media/723/723575/vids_1.html

ps if you don't watch the video review i forgot to mention the gaming includes 7 multiplayer modes that can be played via local wifi or online wifi and thats probably the best thing about it. It should be the best wifi multiplayer until SOCOM comes out. Although, Xmen Legends multiplayer is very cool online, but thats not a shooter.

Last edited:
Back