• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Accidentally formatted RAID 0 drives (no overwrites). Is it possible to recover?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3Dgeo

Registered
Hi,

I messed up :shock: I was creating second RAID0 array and accidentally formatted first RAID 0 drives, is there any chance to recover array or atleast data? Absolutely no overwrites were made. :rain:

P.S. it was fast format, I can recover each disc separately, but because its AIRD0 I need to make exact copy of those disks to rebuild array.

I know, but I need software recomendation to do this

Thank You for help.

Well, I'm on step 3, copying something to img file, though I'm very sceptic it will work :)

Wow, it did work, I was able to recover all files prety easily, thank You so much :)

Next step to create new RAID0 out of those SSDs and try to copy everything to them and hope it will boot cos there are all my programs. Any advice on this?

Last edited:
I'm not being negative. There is a reason I know what those programs are and how to use them. Welcome to what I do as part of my job.

I'm not being negative. There is a reason I know what those programs are and how to use them. Welcome to what I do as part of my job.

Yes You are, cos I DID RECOVER EVERYTHING including old raid0 setup with working old windows and all programs as before deletion. Its working normaly so far. Knowing that I just did more than person, whos file recovery is part of a job and he didnt beleave I could do this makes me feel prety awesome. You probably arent very good at this, arent You? Cos Im prety noob at this and still did more than You expected. No offense, but dont say things You don't know - I may give up cos of You!

Nebulous, You posted only one link, but mannage to save my ***, If it wasnt You I might be in a big problem, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!! :)

Well. As immature and insulting as that post was 3Dgeo, you make an extremely valid point. Those of us who do know what we're doing when fixing/diagnosing/recovering data/etc. should always remember that we don't know everything, and also remember that the one asking for help may know more than we think.

You should never assume that because you get paid for something, you're better at it or know more about it than someone who doesn't.

My only comment was good luck making a recovery file Bootable again... Jesus kid settle down a hug a kitten or something.

Have you made it Bootable? The recovery is cake anyone can click next. Recreating the MBR is a little more of a task.

My only comment was good luck making a recovery file Bootable again... Jesus kid settle down a hug a kitten or something.

Have you made it Bootable? The recovery is cake anyone can click next. Recreating the MBR is a little more of a task.

Yep, I made it bootable, same old Windows working with old programs, the only thing that went down in windows activation, but its not an issue.

As for Dlaw - well, as immature or insulting I may looked - I recovered data that was lost, I was excited, thats all :)

No need to continue this discution anymore, thread has surved its purpose.

I didn't find it immature or insulting. It seemed a valid response to a negative and smug post :)

That's honestly very interesting I guess by threatening time they get to me they are a bit more fubar than just a format. Dead drives don't seem to make clean windows installs

Back