• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acer AL2416WD 24IN Wide Screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

Zomg, anyone got any concrete information on these? ive been googling around and as a lot of people have said on the ncix forums, all that comes up are shops taking preorders..
the specs state its a 24" widescreen, 1920x1200 witha 6ms response time. 1000:1 contrast ratio and 0.258 pitch. Retardedly bright too.

anyone else looking at this baby? almost seems too good to be true from those specs alone, but if its true, and its only $1200CDN, i think i know what my christmas present will be this year <_<.

if anyone knows anything, i wanna see it.

I think I could actually spend the huge cash that is needed to get a 24" LCD on this monitor (if the specs are true and accurate) and not feel bad about doing so.

I have always been worried about ghosting, but if this 6ms is accurate I no longer have to fear :D.

I'd wait for a review before getting any hopes up. But still, it's supposed to retail for under a grand, so that's a plus at least

broonsbane said:
I'd wait for a review before getting any hopes up. But still, it's supposed to retail for under a grand, so that's a plus at least

Yep that is why I stated I would purchase this monitor if the specs are actually a indication of how the monitor will perform.

Come on Acer you can do it.

z0n3 said:
OMG! 1920x1200 at 6ms! If it has HDCP I must have this screen.

:(

Probably because of the new generation, this panel doesn´t come cheap. So to have a competitive monitor (actually their first 24") Acer had to make several concessions, some of which we found quite odd. The most surprising is the interface with only analog input. This will soon be a problem. To begin with, video card manufacturers are progressively abandoning this format and changing to DVI. Second, with VGA it´s impossible to get HDCP certification (a new norm required to read future protected HD movies in full resolution). This monitor has a standard resolution of 1920 x 1200, which according to the latest industry news, will only be able to read HD protected movies in 960 x 540 pixels! What a waste!

Wow, how unbelievably astounding. What idiot decided it would be okay to not have a DVI input on such a sweet monitor? Truly astounding...

I was going to say I have the Acer 20.1 inch Widescreen monitor and it's been everything I've hoped for, but lack of DVI is just inexcusable. I wouldn't touch this 24inch model.

Back