• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acer Sempron 3200+ pc w/viewsonic 19" widescreen lcd $299AR ($80AR) at circuit city

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
d94 said:
BOOOYA
dscf2146largeok7.jpg

got the last two in a 40 mile radius!
they didnt even care that i was by myself, i just told the lady i had a friend in the car (buddy couldnt make it)
$360 out the door per bundle

Pics like that are invitations to get robbed ;)

lol that's awesome man...I think rebates are limit 1 per household though so be careful with that.

Nice taped up WIFI card btw....

I think I pushed the power supply a little too much - installed a secondary 120Gb hard drive, 1 Gig of RAM, a DVDRW, 2 case fans and an ATI X850XT....it wouldn't power on..I had to disconnect the power to either one of my hard drives or a media drive (cdrw/dvd-rom) to get it to turn on......but it works!

wandl said:
I think I pushed the power supply a little too much - installed a secondary 120Gb hard drive, 1 Gig of RAM, a DVDRW, 2 case fans and an ATI X850XT....it wouldn't power on..I had to disconnect the power to either one of my hard drives or a media drive (cdrw/dvd-rom) to get it to turn on......but it works!
thats alot of system for a 300w :eek:

btw, on one of my computers the whole barcode area was missing, the manager @ The store said its no biggi and i can still do the rebate, but the rebate clearly states i need the original UPC
what should i do?

d94 said:
btw, on one of my computers the whole barcode area was missing, the manager @ The store said its no biggi and i can still do the rebate, but the rebate clearly states i need the original UPC
what should i do?

You are probably hosed. I wouldn't believe the manager. He probably has never sent in a rebate. I would suggest that you get a guarantee in writing FROM THAT MANAGER that if you get a reject letter for that rebate then HE WILL MAKE GOOD ON THE CASH DIRECTLY FROM THE STORE.

What likely happened is that some thief ripped off the UPC so he could send in a rebate and get the cash sans having to buy a computer at all--or he bought one computer and will copy the rebate form and his receipt to get an extra rebate.

d94 said:
what should i do?

Try to get that in writing! If feasible get the persons name, Because when push comes to shove I think you will have a problem since the rebates are normally a 3rd party that already tries to make processing rebates somewhat difficult at times. Might be a case where you have to try and get the store itself to honor the rebate with a store credit.

hhmmm check with your local Circuit City Store...
I know with me (not sure about Dallas) a store in St.Clairsville, OH still had some in stock...however its not online anymore....BUT I know its on their ad so they may still get it in stock...you may call your local store to see if there is some in stock?

Mine is running two 160gb seagate 7200.9 in raid 0, got the other from tigerdirect for 19.97, w/ a x800gto2 and 1gb of memory. During this horrible "Woot off" I have been working on this computer and another one almost non stop. I flashed the bios and reloaded windows but still havent bothered to overclock, due to the video card which I will replace with something less powerful at which point I will then proceeded to overclock. I also took off the horrible fan that came on the cpu and put a normal quieter 80mm fan on it the thing fit with the screws from the old fan too. The loudest component in it now is the hdd when not gamming.

I payed about 150 for the computer, 19.97 for the other hdd, 20 + audigy 2zs + a cheap pda I got for free for the x800gto2, scrounged the ram, and sold the monitor to my sister. Less then 200 for the whole system so I wont get a new processor unless I can get one for about 20 bucks like what I payed for everything else :).

Also the computer auto downclocks, and undervolts, to 1ghz if you dont flash the bios (200fsb*5 multi w/ 1volt = 1ghz) It normally should be 200*9 multi w/ 1.37 volts = 1.8ghz. It does change to normal in 3d applications but I flashed to have all of the power all of the time.

The deal should last till sunday so long as your store has the items on stock and I think that you can check that at the CC website all that you have to do is bring up each item and punch in you zipcode.

Last edited:
According to others yes. Foxconn also says they they do but that is with the other bios.

If you are going to put in an x2 you should flash the bios and reload windows though.

btw nice snakes on a plane avatar.

sweet..oh and if i were to flash it how far do you think i could oc the stock chip with the stock cooler? :p

probably, but its worth checking.

can you special order if they are out? I think a guy on the fat wallet thread said you can.

Back