• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Activated too many times?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've had to call twice out of a total of 5 or 6 times to reactivate XP. First time I had to talk to a rep, the second time the automated voice just gave me the number :) Takes 7 or 8 minutes MAX.

Last edited:
Sniper.nkc said:
I just called the number, it is a working number. I dialed it with a 1 in front of 888.

lol, are you kidding me? Seriously, no offense to anyone...but I must be getting old if I think having to tell someone to dial the decades old standard "1" before dialing a long distance/toll free number is funny :D

glad to hear you got it figured out...I'd be kicking myself after having tried it as many times as you did unsuccessfully only to find out I was missing a "1" lol.

btw, how long did you have to sit on hold nvidiaOC?

smile_151.gif Sorry OCM , I FOUND THIS MORE THAN A jocu·lari·ty

Noun 1.
jocularity - a feeling facetious merriment

2.jocularity - fun characterized by humor
jocosity, fun, sport, play - verbal wit (often at another's expense
but not to be taken seriously); "he became a figure of fun"

3. jocularity - activity characterized by good humor
jest, joke, drollery, waggery - a quaint and amusing jest
leg-pull, leg-pulling - as a joke

You were pulling our leg's ?? ;)
Rabbit.jpg

HUMANS ARE THE CWAZIEST PEOPLE !

edesign said:
lol, are you kidding me? Seriously, no offense to anyone...but I must be getting old if I think having to tell someone to dial the decades old standard "1" before dialing a long distance/toll free number is funny :D

glad to hear you got it figured out...I'd be kicking myself after having tried it as many times as you did unsuccessfully only to find out I was missing a "1" lol.

btw, how long did you have to sit on hold nvidiaOC?

Only about 5 min. Ive never had to call an 800# so I didn't know about the "1" Hey, im only 15, ive never had to deal with customer service for anything in my life.

^^^^

It's ok bro. Sometimes I forget to insert the 1 for some calls I think are local.

If you put the 1 - routing - switch -xxxx (line account) in any number it just routes it the right place. Most numbers that begin with 88x will need a 1- infront of it. Not always so. Unless of course like my locale you have the local 888-xxxx numbers.

If any call does not seem to go through, redial with a 1- routing(area code) in front of it. The 1 just tells your switch to route outside of local.

Ya live and learn. :D Glad you got through.

Last edited:
updawg said:
I have done this before, but is there anyway to skip the annoying process where it asks you to enter your number over the phone to then tell you they can't activate your product key.. which then transfers you to a representative. I just want to be able to go straight to a representative because after every reinstall on my same machine I have to go through the same process and it would be nice to not have to read that 28 digit number twice.

First you dont have to read the 42 digit number twice.

Once you enter it in manually (i dial mine it is easier) and it says it cant validate it transfers you to a human and you read the first 6 digits not all of them

OP: Its been a while since I hade a ATI card :( but i beleive if you select custom install and install Drivers but not CCC you dont need to have .NET framework installed.

Back