• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice for new build with ASUS M4A89GTD PRO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i6pwr

My first ASUS MB and will be using the 1090T, this is also the USB3 version. I have heard about BIOS revisions and I was wondering what I need to look out for when I first fire this thing up and load Win 7.

This will be the 64 bit version and I don't plan on OC'ing....yet at least.

Ram will be Dominator 4x2 1333.

Will I know what version I have from the box or the MB itself?

What do I need to have ready as far as drivers and does it need to be flash/CD/ or floppy?

Well it probably has a bios update, which you can get from ASUS's website, but that doesn't have to be flashed when you first install everything. You should just be able to put everything together and fire that puppy up. Any drivers needed should come with the MB cd. They may have updated drivers on their site but the ones that come with the cd should work no problem.

And i'm kind of confused what your asking about with the different versions. If your talking about which revision of the motherboard you got you should beable to find what you have from the MB itself or even after you get it running and use some kind of program to see what your system info is. (Such as AMD overdrive, Sisoftware Sandra or even Cpuz). That is if they do have different revision on that MB.

I could have read that info incorrectly on the versions, just heard that this being a newer chipset that some were experiencing different problems with the MB.

Hopefully all goes well, just want to get all my ducks in a row just in case..

Back