• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advice needed for new motherboard 1155 on new system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tony_tiger

Hi, I'm planing to buy a new system and am currently lost in the sea of motherboard available. The parts are not all chosen but my system will look like this :

case : ATX from current computer
socket : 1155
cpu : 3570k with liquid cooling system like corsair h70
ram : 16g 1600 mhz (upgrade to 32 when ill have more monney... )

hdd : 500gb from my current computer sata2
ssd : 120gb for os

dvd player/burner from current computer sata2
power supply : 600w or 750w

graphic card : gtx650 ti or gtx660 1 or 2 gb

The use for the new system will be mainly gaming and small video editing.

The motherboard I'm looking at is the asus Z77 series cause I trust this company. I dont want to spent for features I wont need but I dont want to limit my other parts like the graphic card or cpu overclocked.

Wich one should I choose and why ? P8Z77-V LE, LX, LK, PRO ?!??!
Any other motherboard ?

Thanks!

Do you plan to overclock at all?

If so, my vote goes to Asrock Z77 Extreme 6. I wouldnt get the V LX or V LE for midrange overclocking personally. THe VRM area, looks a bit anemic.

16GB is fine unless you are using close to that with your video editing. For a gaming machine 8GB is fine for now and likely a year or so.. 16GB is PLENTY.

Don't bother with the H70..it's beaten by air heatsinks that are usually cheaper. How far are you planning to overclock? That should determine what cooler you get.

Also, if you're planning to stick to one monitor, you could easily get by with a 500W PSU, and use the extra money to get a better GPU.

Any reason to not wait a couple weeks for the new line of Intel processors?

If so, my vote goes to Asrock Z77 Extreme 6. I wouldnt get the V LX or V LE for midrange overclocking personally. THe VRM area, looks a bit anemic.

16GB is fine unless you are using close to that with your video editing. For a gaming machine 8GB is fine for now and likely a year or so.. 16GB is PLENTY.

+1 here, I have the extreme6 and I adore it, tried several others in my time and I havent loved one so much since my P4C800-e (pentium 4 :) )
but if you want just midrange, you can always get the extreme4 (cheaper)

Any reason to not wait a couple weeks for the new line of Intel processors?

tis a good point, but on the other hand, the z77 is a tested good platform and with a K proc, the diff in perf may not be that huge

+1 to waiting a bit to see how haswell shakes out...stable platform or not, waiting to see is a prudent decision.

Thanks for your replys !

hummmm, didnt knew there was a new line of processors coming... it should make the 3570k price drop a little so I guess I should wait to see whats happens then.

You guys know when it will be released ?
Will they use the 1155 socket ?
Will there be a new chipset released with the new processor ?

thx again!

what is VRM ?

Thx, I'll look for that Asrock board

Back