• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advice on my build...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YamiRioru

Registered
I need a amd cpu and gpu that can do the same or a bit more than a intel i7 and geforce gtx970... and also advice on my build will be helpful as well... I chose amd because I want to stay within a 1,500 dollar limit but I made a goal to save up from when my job starts in june until november 30th I don't know how much I'm going to be paid yet so I can't really calculate how much time it would take to earn enough for a bad*** gaming pc so, I made a $1,500 temporary limit... if I add things like controllers and keyboards, those are for my overall experience with using the build so they don't count for the overall value of the build.. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/YamiRioru/saved/ :)

what do you mean by zen? and I'm still saving up the money for the build so I have some time to modify my price range and build list to my specs before then...

what do you mean by zen? and I'm still saving up the money for the build so I have some time to modify my price range and build list to my specs before then...

Zen is the next gen CPU codename for AMD. They are going to have a whole new architecture, similar to intel's. But it is a whole new socket (AM4, DDR4). It is supposed to release near the end of the year. It would be worth waiting for because FX parts should drop in price or, if it lives up to the hype, it could encourage pricing adjustments from Intel. Nothing is concrete about the Zen lineup's performance at this time, as so far we have only seen PR stuff.

Back