• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aftermarket GPU coolers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

What do you guys think of these?

Specifically

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186052

Do they do their job any better than reference? With my new SLI reference 670 setup with both cards at 100% load they get pretty toasty at like 75 C, with the ref coolers at their full tilt it sounds like two hairdryers inside my PC... so... Strongly considering two of these. How hard are they to put on?
Anyone have em? Arctic has some pretty cool versions of these VGA coolers... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186067

Like wow, if I had somewhere to put those rads...

Thanks in advance, lol

Check the reviews section here. I've written multiple for arctic's products I believe EarthDog has written one for the first you linked.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t148/Hogdriver155/null_zps7af41a31.jpg

They're not directly below eachother, should be enough space.

We'll see though, I've been playing around with the fan speeds, it seems they max at 80% fan speed (not 100% like I thought) and at that speed they're very loud, while at a mere 5% less (75% fan speed) they're MUCH quieter. It's like night and day, but they still get much too hot for my liking, especially when two Yate Loon 120mm High Speeds are blowing at them from the case door. I do wonder if it would be better to go against conventional wisdom and have the two side fans blowing onto the GPUs suck air OUT instead of blow air in...

As a side note, are Scythe Slipstreams still seen as the best case fan balancing speed/noise?

Give it a shot, it might help pull air from the front through the GPUs.

They're not directly below each other, should be enough space.

Removed most of quote so you know.

That looks like it would work really good, you are using the 3rd slot. Don't get a cheapo aftermarket one, get the ones reviewed here.

Pay attention to the Vreg cooling methods on the GPU kits. Make sure you clean the chips very well to remove the slime from the silicon Tpads from the original cooler.

Hint, pick up some Arctic Clean to make sure the heatsinks stick (goof-off works too but still need a good alcohol cleaning), then get Sekisui Thermal Tape off E bay. It's a pain to work with, ohh so thin, but the best out there to stick thermal HS on Vregs etc.

Yeah, probably sooner than later, after a month of stability the computer has been restarting randomly, like 3 times today -_- this happened previously when EVGA Precision X (which controlled my agressive fan curves) didn't start on bootup, and my then-single GPU was overheating. It restarted just now after playing skyrim, GPU temps were 65-70C, so I basically have to blame it on them...

Ugh.

So accelero here I come! In a few months when I have the money =P

EDIT: Thanks, conumumumdrum.

Last edited:
Oh, one more thing, does anyone know if the fans plug into the graphics card itself? I know it said they were PWM, does the fan plug into where the original reference fan plugs into? so the software (Afterburner) fan curve will work on the Accelero? When I think of PWM I think of the four pin CPU-cooler type fans that plug into the mobo and are controlled by the BIOS...

My Zotac GTX 670's have the 680 PCB, I hope everything will work out. Not a lot of clearance between the lower card and the divider between the mobo/PSU.

Might only buy 1 to start, and then the 2nd if im pleased...

The fan can plug into the card if you want it to.

In my opinion it runs so quietly I have it plugged into molex for 12v.

Back