• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Agp Sli :D?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MODdaBOX said:
i thought the bandwith wasnt high enough on agp to support 2 cards?

In Theory what you would do is make one AGP slot and take I think 4 PCI slots and combine the bandwidth to get 2 Slots with bandwidth close enough to each other to do it.

SIS is doing that with a new chipset.

Also it wouldn't really matter much since Video cards now don't really use AGP bandwidth that much anyway.

As far as I am aware, it is currently impossible. And with PCIe coming in to replace AGP, and newer chipsets being made for PCIe I dont see companies investing money in trying to make an AGP-compatible SLI technology.

That said, didnt the original SLI for Voodoo cards (Scan Line Interweave, not Scalable Link Interface) use PCI cards....?

To be honest, I dont see the point.

David said:
As far as I am aware, it is currently impossible. And with PCIe coming in to replace AGP, and newer chipsets being made for PCIe I dont see companies investing money in trying to make an AGP-compatible SLI technology.

That said, didnt the original SLI for Voodoo cards (Scan Line Interweave, not Scalable Link Interface) use PCI cards....?

To be honest, I dont see the point.

Yes yes they did, but back in the day PCI was brand new and it was the fastest interface we got that was over 7 years ago. WOW the PCI bus is old.

Back