• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aiurb 3000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RangerJoe said:
id say thats a flaw in the picture..and you can tell it was taken at an angle.
By a female packer with a hidden camera? BTW she claims to have noticed it when packing so she must have stopped packing whipped out her conveniently located camera and taken the snaps :rolleyes:

OC Detective said:
Dropadrop they are not fined they are immediately fired!

The reason I'm wondering is that where I work I have to sign a contract of privacy when I start. If I would release any secret information I would end up paying a ridiculous fine, I think it was something like 50000€. And this is in a department that does'nt even really deal with anything confidential...

Ofcourse if my mom or sister was working at the plant, I would ask them to take pics for me! :D

hmm.. photochopped sounds about right.. anyone with an imaging software that zooms in (ACDSee in my case) will see the allegedly photochopped "3" to be blurred compared to another "3" in the numbers.. to concur, compare other numbers such as "2" or "0" or letters like "A".. they all match when zoomed.. only the 2 "3"s dont match..

I'd have to agree with OC Detective..

But I'm pretty sure that we'll be seeing a faster Tbred soon anyways.. fake image or no fake image.. Janurary sounds about right considering its been several months since the last speed announcements..

You guyz, dont forget thou that this is an engineering sample. Some of the stuff on engineering samples are different arnt they? Like unlocked bridges without the pits.

I cant explain nore no anything onto whether this was photoshoped or not but I do know I used heavy Jpeg compression on both pictures. Our forums only allow for photos of 10KB in size now :(

Is it possible to have both AIUGB and AIURB steppings manufactured at the same time?

I coulda swore I heard people had same week AGOIA processors along with the same week AROIA processors. Hmm, interestin :)

OC-Master

I sent Chrisdafu the High Resolution picture which has no compression flawing at all. It gives you a good look at the cpu it self. Looks pretty nice.

OC-Master

it doesn't look as if it was a pic taken with a web cam, more likely the processor was scanned using a scanner or something, the lighting just doesn't fit the "webcam picture" style ...

OC-Master said:
You guyz, dont forget thou that this is an engineering sample. Some of the stuff on engineering samples are different arnt they? Like unlocked bridges without the pits.

I cant explain nore no anything onto whether this was photoshoped or not but I do know I used heavy Jpeg compression on both pictures. Our forums only allow for photos of 10KB in size now :(

Is it possible to have both AIUGB and AIURB steppings manufactured at the same time?

I coulda swore I heard people had same week AGOIA processors along with the same week AROIA processors. Hmm, interestin :)

OC-Master
OC-Master who says its an Engineering sample? You merely hypothesised this based on the E (I presume the E7) on the cpu . I go back to the original claim whereby a female packer said she saw the new stepping and subsequently decided to take a picture - she also said this stepping would be on lower speed TBred B's. Seriously do you really think that a Malaysian female packer would be that knowledgable about this kind of stuff? This seems to me to be one major leg-pull unfortunately some people are getting suckered into it. Why not list the newsgroup you pulled it from (I have Agent and Easynews.com) and I will ask "her" some questions about Malaysia which will require local knowledge to answer? That way we can at least determine this person is from Malaysia and will give some credibility to the story.

OC Detective said:

OC-Master who says its an Engineering sample? You merely hypothesised this based on the E (I presume the E7) on the cpu . I go back to the original claim whereby a female packer said she saw the new stepping and subsequently decided to take a picture - she also said this stepping would be on lower speed TBred B's. Seriously do you really think that a Malaysian female packer would be that knowledgable about this kind of stuff? This seems to me to be one major leg-pull unfortunately some people are getting suckered into it. Why not list the newsgroup you pulled it from (I have Agent and Easynews.com) and I will ask "her" some questions about Malaysia which will require local knowledge to answer? That way we can at least determine this person is from Malaysia and will give some credibility to the story.

If you know anything about Athlon processors, its easy to tell the engineering samples from production samples due to the L1s without any pits!

As for that lady, I dont see why she wouldnt know about this stuff, I mean after all, she does work for AMD and probally knows something about computers.

I also can bet that she does not want to be tracked down nore spoken to by others non other than her friends.

Unless you know someone who has an account on the Telus news terminal, then I doubt you will get ahold of this post. To double check, do a search for AthlonXP troubleshooting and see what happens. This is what I did to come upon this info.

OC-Master

OC-Master just face it - this is a mock up of the XP2800+ shown on Tom's Hardware! BTW you said you got this from a news group and as Easynews.com is one of the best news servers I think I should be able to find it - just give out the newsgroup.
Oh and no they wouldnt know this kind of information. When they pack they are told to pack according to product type, possibly week of manufacture and how to pack the boxes and nothing else. They would certainly not have information relating to stepping. One final thing - during assembly they are packed into anti-static bags not during packing so the chips really wouldnt be visible except to do routine batch release inspection.

Last edited:
OC Detective said:
Anyone spot the remarkable similarities to the chip shown here and the chip shown on this thread.........!
http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20021001/xp_2800-01.html

Edit - you mean no pits like in this pic..............:D

Yup!

XPs without the pits are Engineering Samples. I have to admit those CPUs look very simular.

I will retrace my tracks and see if I can find that thread again.

OC-Master

if you look at both pictures side by side, the white spots on the pads are in the exact same spots. also the silver stuff around the core looks exactly the same. my vote is that it is a fake

OC-Master if you find the news group in question with any luck we could have a bit of sport with this so-called female packer from Penang! The other thing to check out would be the timing of her postings bearing in mind the at least 12 hour time difference between here and you guys in North America!

OC Detective said:
OC-Master if you find the news group in question with any luck we could have a bit of sport with this so-called female packer from Penang! The other thing to check out would be the timing of her postings bearing in mind the at least 12 hour time difference between here and you guys in North America!

Lost the thread.

Anywayz, even if this processor looks like the same one from Toms doesnt mean its a different CPU. All T-bred CPUs are supposed to be manufactured identical by laser guidence and computer control so technically, I would hope they would both be nearly identical.

Toms is also a Engineering sample.

Anyhow, before we go on and on, we'll leave it as a mystery of the real/fake/legit/photoshoped picture, which ever you want to call it.

I hope to god its real thou. I want to see this AIURB stepping, just think what it would do for us overclockers :)

OC-Master

Back