• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alarming Temp Readings In HWMonitor & Core Temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AbhieSpeaks

Guys,

I recently built a APU based rig. Config is:

CPU - AMD A8 3870k (Not OCed)
MB - MSI A75 MA G55
PSU - Seasonic 430w
GPU - Sapphire 6670 DDR5 1GB
Cabinet - NZXT 210 Source Elite (2 Fans)
Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO
RAM - 2x4GB GSkill Sniper 1600MHz
HDD - 80GB Samsung, 500GB Seagate, 2TB Seagate 7200RPM

The crazy TMPIN0, TMPIN1, TMPIN2 readings after only 5 mins are as per the screenshot of HWMonitor.

Untitled.png

Please advice on what I need to do. What might be the possible reasons?
I removed the heatsink, cleared the thermal paste, cleaned, reapplied the compound after following a tutorial on best way to apply thermal compound.
Earlier I was able to complete few games for few hours before shutting down but now I can't even do that. Please help.:confused:

Last edited:
For the most part those temp. readings are taken from the hottest parts of the board, like the NB / chipset and MOSFET regions, and are oftentimes read inaccurately by software like HWMonitor. The only temp's you really need to be concerned with are the core temp's, which you can get the most accurate readings from w/ software like Core Temp or Real Temp.

It's not just that, all of the readings seem inaccurate. There is no way your core temps were ever at 41 degrees, unless you having your computer in the fridge. Are there any bios updates that address this? What does your bios temp readings say?

So may i ask is this thread solved or not??? You say after a short time the set up shuts down? The only possible thing i can see is the PSU, i have just spent the last 15 mins reading about your GPU verse a size of psu needed maybe there is something to it or not? Maybe somebody clever than me can add up the score and double check for me regards.

So may i ask is this thread solved or not??? You say after a short time the set up shuts down? The only possible thing i can see is the PSU, i have just spent the last 15 mins reading about your GPU verse a size of psu needed maybe there is something to it or not? Maybe somebody clever than me can add up the score and double check for me regards.
So you say I need a bigger PSU or is the PSU broke? I don't get it. Isn't 430w enough for the set up.

It's not just that, all of the readings seem inaccurate. There is no way your core temps were ever at 41 degrees, unless you having your computer in the fridge. Are there any bios updates that address this? What does your bios temp readings say?
I am already on the latest BIOS update. BIOS readings are different but still I feel on the higher side.

Back