• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All Posts Regarding Newegg Refurbs/ WOOT.com please place in this thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rbreb13 said:
Newegg must just hate YOU. I've never had that problem and I've spent 1000's there!

Ignore that guy, he's a vendor that badmouths Newegg at every opportunity. He was banned for various reasons so we won't be listening to his trifle anymore. Since we shouldn't talk about banned members, this is just a headsup to what his motives were.

Newegg refurbs are great I haven't had much bad luck with them, and some stuff that didn't work (they are cheaper but sometimes untested!) Newegg's customer service shined and took care of me, even replaced a couple with BRAND NEW items!! Can't beat that~!

I have purchased 4 refurbished video cards from NewEgg. I had performance issues with 3 of them (1 powercolor 9600, 1 Apollo 440mx, and 1 ATI All-In-Wonder 9600XT). Fortunitally, NewEgg's cust. service worked everything out for me with only a loss in shipping fees.

The thing I want to point out here is that the last refurb. card I returned to NewEgg, the agent told me on the phone that it would go right back into the "refurbished for sale" section without NewEgg tech's evaluating the card.

So my guess is, NewEgg recycles the cards around until someone gets it and doesn't complain?

Eitherway, NewEgg has been good to me and I continue to buy from them. I only purchase the new items now and avoid the refurb section all-together.

Just my two cents...

Can someone explain the warranty system for the refurbished items? It says 15 days on Newegg, but some items are refurbished OEM, so does the OEM warranty apply?

Its a 15 day return window with Newegg then whatever time specified after that you would have to deal directly with the manufacturer.

toyotanova said:

What is this 4, has nothing to do with refurbs this time.

anyways after looking for deals in refurbs I see a few things actually priced over the same thing you can get new, and those that are cheaper are not saving me enouph to take the risk of getting a defective product, I'd rather spend the extra 10-20 dollars on a new product that I know will work or at least have a warranty I can fall back on. Maybee it was better before it become popular, I duno :-/

wow w00t has a nice deal now on a 5gb mp3 player for $125 shipped.An ipod shuffle 1gb is almost the same price.

UBERCOOL said:
What are everyones thoughts on refurbished mobos? Specifically, the DFI SLI-DR.

I ordered one of these a few months ago. It was the board only, no Audio module, no I/O shield etc. It was not very stable either. I returned it and got a new one. No problems with it.

UBERCOOL said:
What are everyones thoughts on refurbished mobos? Specifically, the DFI SLI-DR.
I never got a DFI refurbed.. (anything that comes with SLI or an audio card I am not going to get a refurb...

My MSI board RAWKED though... You do miss out on somethings like SATA cables.. .whihch newegg charges 8 BUCKS FOR AFTER SHIPPING bastahds

I live (and die) on refurbs though. Built my first socket 939 system on mostly refurbed parts :) ) Did it for under 420 dollars too :) Video card CPU mobo 80GB harddrive and 2*512 of PC4000..oh and a Dual layer Sony DVDRW refurb (24 dollars after shipping :) )

Thought I should post this here. Newegg has all of their X1900XTX refurbs for $399 + $1 shipping. I thought this was a really good deal and snagged myself a Sapphire.

Last edited:
Just got an Asrock Dual SATA for 33$ plus 1$ shipped. Great board. Was brand new had the new mobo smell, but was bare. Fired her up with a 3200 and some ram laying around worked just fine.

Back