• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 1260mm SuperNova Radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thick8

I'm going to buy this radiator and have a few questions.
Is Performance-pcs.com still a good company to deal with? How about aqua-tuning.com? I've used both in the past, but it's been a while.
Can you recommend good fans for it? Sound isn't an issue as the radiator will be in the encapsulated crawl space under the house.
Is there a 9 fan controller available that can be run from the Asus Q-fan BIOS profile?

Yes Performance PCs is still a good company. Their product prices and shipping are generally higher than other retailers but they are reliable. I've been using Titanrig.com and Modmymods.com lately with good results. A little less selection but much better prices. I can't speak to aqua-tuning.com.

For fans I've been using the Arctic P12/14. Really good prices with almost no noise. Amazon link

I can 2nd the Arctic P12 PMW/PST fan recommendation. They move a good amount of air through my older Swiftech MCR360 rad.

Just an FYI, that radiator takes 200mm fans. So 120/140 won't work (unless there's some sort of adapter thing).

The problem with 200mm fans is that there isn't much of a selection out there... and especially designed for radiators. I'd look for high pressure and CFM 200mm for best results (since noise isn't a concern).

I don't know of a fan controller that would also be controlled by the BIOS... seems......counterintuitive as I understand it.

Just an FYI, that radiator takes 200mm fans. So 120/140 won't work (unless there's some sort of adapter thing).

The problem with 200mm fans is that there isn't much of a selection out there... and especially designed for radiators. I'd look for high pressure and CFM 200mm for best results (since noise isn't a concern).

I don't know of a fan controller that would also be controlled by the BIOS... seems......counterintuitive as I understand it.
Ah good catch, I didn't even see that. Unless you are using a 200mm rad for a particular fit I would go down to a radiator that uses 120/140 fans. Better choice of fans for sure.

Back