• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Alphacool Releases Two M.2 SSD HDX Apex Water Blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

alphacool_logo_only-2.jpg
Alphacool announced the launch of two M.2 SSD water blocks, the HDX Apex aRGB Acryl and HDX Apex Acetal. As you would expect, the HDX Apex aRGB Acryl features a clear acrylic top with addressable RGB lighting, while the acetal version is black POM. Both blocks are nickel-plated copper with G1/4" ports and transfer heat from the SSD controller through a 3 W/mK thermal pad. The price is $31 for either option. Below is Alphacool's press release and links if you wish to purchase.
Click here to read more!

I just find it pointless, especially since most new gaming motherboards have M.2 covered with quite large heatsinks ... and M.2 sockets are usually next to a graphics card so tubes/fittings won't really fit.
I wish to see someone connecting tubes to all M.2, RAM, CPU, GPU, chipset, VRM ...

I just find it pointless, especially since most new gaming motherboards have M.2 covered with quite large heatsinks ... and M.2 sockets are usually next to a graphics card so tubes/fittings won't really fit.
This...

...and this... :p

Because they can?
But yeah, and M.2 sockets that don't have a heatsink is likely on a budget board. I guess this would be good for the primary (top) m.2 sockets above the PCIe... but again, you need to remove some (potentially) nice heatsinks, and use some angled barbs I'd imagine.

I wish to see someone connecting tubes to all M.2, RAM, CPU, GPU, chipset, VRM ...
:rofl:

Back