• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Alt-Tab out of BF3 in Windows 8 is slow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninjacore

So, I just upgraded to Windows 8. I had tried it several months ago and couldn't get over the initial shock, so I went back to 7. Giving it another go now, and so far, I don't mind it so much.

One thing is really annoying me, however. With W7, I was able to Alt-Tab in and out of BF3 to my desktop or the browser almost instantly. Now, there's a 3-5 second delay whenever I attempt this. The screen goes black for a couple seconds, then comes back up.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

THANKS!

Last edited:
First of all, there was no need to go back to Windows 7.

Simply install this freeware:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/classicshell/files/

and use this custom Start Menu Button Image: Windows 7.png

And there's your Windows-7 looking Windows 8, from the moment you start your computer until shut down.
[After that that you can (but don't ever have to) use the option to go to Metro with SHIFT + Start Menu Button.]

Attachments

• ClassicShellCustom.jpg
    ClassicShellCustom.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 428
  • DisableCharms.png
    DisableCharms.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 433
  • Start Button Image.png
    Start Button Image.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 448
I'm used to the GUI at this point, so I don't really need a replacement interface. Just need to be able to Alt-Tab out of Battlefield without having time for my mind to switch to a new train of thought ;)

EDIT: I'll remove the quotes on "upgraded", however, so it doesn't appear that I'm bashing it :)

Eureka! My resolution in the game was set to 1080p (59.94Hz?) and the resolution for Windows was 1080P (60Hz). That was causing the delay. I changed it in Windows to 59 and can Alt-Tab in and out instantly :)

I wonder why I'm not seeing 60 Hz as an option in the game?

Back