• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I running Hot/High Temp Fluctuations [Noobie] [Help Please]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kitanz

Hey everyone, I was hoping you guys can tell me if im running a little hot. Also It seems I'm experiencing high temp fluctuations when stress testing the pc. At Idle its around 38-44. When stressing the system RealTemp said I hit 100C and that was only like 30 seconds into it! Also If you guys can let me know If my Cache&memory benchmark seems alright? Thank you!

Im Running an H100I for cooling.

PS. When stressing the system I saw the core speed drop down to 1k. Im guessing thats very unstable if it does that. Any suggestions?

Pictures Below

Idle
kPypCf5.png

vsuUqnL.jpg

I had the fans in a push down setup and before I made this post I made them pull instead.
0RPymw7.jpg

Stress Test #2 , [Cleaned as much as i could as far as dust, Replaced thermal compound from the one that comes with the H100I Series to Artic Silver 5, Changed fans to Pull setup.] Still Pretty high temps in my opinion for 4.4ghz! The most the core speed changed was from 4.4 to 4.399
fRcav8Z.png

Last edited:
Not really sure, Doesn't get past 75 in my room. I also I have the AC set to 72 and the room isnt that huge, gets cold pretty fast.

can you work that vcore down a little 1.36 seems a little high for the clock, I'm new to intel myself but the vcore looks a little high to me.

Meh... seems in the ballpark to me. What are your ambient(room) temps?

Reading the guide for the haswell overclock from you signature right now. It also stated ill be seeing 80+.

can you work that vcore down a little 1.36 seems a little high for the clock, I'm new to intel myself but the vcore looks a little high to me.

I used the auto oc feature for this, so maybe thats why? I'll give it a shot.

Go manually set 1.25V for the core voltage, then test with Prime95 for ~20 minutes.

Back