• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 7750 core unlock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tcar

Registered
Hi all just wondering if any of you guys remember or are familiar with the 7750.
for those that helped me with the new system I recently built this is the old rig it replaced. I've got it all cleaned up, formatted the drives, put win7pro on it and updated the bios and all the drivers. It's running a lot better to say the least.
My question is this MB (asus M4A78-E) allows me to unlock the other 2 cores on this chip and they show to be unlocked during post however I can't see them anywhere else (ie cpu-z,hwmonitor,windows) and when I run benchmarks there doesn't seem to be any difference with them unlocked.
it seems to me that if they were really unlocked there should be increased perf. in cpu benchmarks. I haven't messed with this old system in quite some time so maybe I'm missing\forgetting something any thought's??

tcar, did a g00gle search for that cpu core unlock and there is a long thread about it at OCN. What seemed to happen is that about 10% of the boots for a few users, the 2 other cores were unlocked and usable and visible in CPUz etc. The other 90% of the times the rig was booted the other 2 cores did not unlock.
RGone...

tcar, did a g00gle search for that cpu core unlock and there is a long thread about it at OCN. What seemed to happen is that about 10% of the boots for a few users, the 2 other cores were unlocked and usable and visible in CPUz etc. The other 90% of the times the rig was booted the other 2 cores did not unlock.
RGone...

That sounds pretty accurate RGone I've tried every thing I can think of and nothing seems to work. the strange thing is when I unlock the other 2 cores in bios I have to really crank up the voltages and back the multiplier back to stock otherwise its so unstable it wont even load windows, which seems strange to me if the cores are not really unlocked. eehh oh well :shrug: not a big deal I was just playin around to see what I could do with it.

Thanks,

One of the main reasons AMD locks cores is because they fall out of spec with regard to power draw. If just a little out of spec, not a problem but it sounds like yours is more than a little.

Back