• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd Athlon 64 x2 4200+ Temp Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D4NTE

Registered
Well , i have managed to make my cpu from 2.2 ghz to 2.6 ghz.It was perfect no heating no blue screeen but after 2 days it started to heat and finally blue screen :sly: the outside temp is always about 10 degrees so what do you guys think ?

I think we need more info. Can you post the CPUz screens?

What were you doing when you got the bluescreen?

Have you ran any stress testing to get an idea of stability?

fxmw8.jpg

fxmy1.png

in about 2 minutes it happend 70 degrees

It is difficult to tell from your attachment exactly what the max temp that was reached was. The graph is just not detailed enough but it looks like it may have been 65-70c and I would assume that is a CPU socket temp rather than a core temp. Please use the free porgram: "HWMonitor" to monitor the temp while you run the Prime95 blend test for 20 minutes. If you cannot complete the test, please report the highest core temp you observed before the crash.

Also, please add a pic of the CPU-z tab "SPD" to that cluster in post #3 so we can see what the memory manufacturer's recommendations are for voltages and timings at various frequencies.

just one more question my ram's mhz is 800 mhz i made it 667 mhz because of overclock now it is 747 mhz.which ram line up should i use ? in 800 mhz it is 6-6-6-18 2T in 667 mhz it is 5-5-5-15 2T.i use kingston kvr800d2n6 1 gb

I would leave the ram timing on Auto in bios and let the board figure out what the timings should be. But I would make sure you set the ram voltage manually to what it should be for 800 mhz. The SPD tab in CPU-z will tell you what the manufacturer recommends for both timing and voltage at various standard frequencies.

If you are close to approaching the max rated frequency for your ram (800 mhz) then I would go with the timings in JEDEC column #3 for DDR2 800. Keep in mind that CPU-z is reporting the bus frequency of the ram not the DDR2 speed (DDR=Double Data Rate) so the frequency you see reported will be half of what you expect.

Back