• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon AXIA 1GHz Overclocking help needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Ok, like the topic says, I need to know whether my Athlon has reached a max barrier type thing or is my power supply killing me??

Ok, I have my 1GHz (266) AXIA Athlon running at 1333MHz (10x133.34) with Defualt 1.75V on KT7A-R (See sig). And no matter what I did, I cant run 1.4GHz or higher, whether voltage is at 1.85V or VIO is raised to 3.6/3.7, with no effect! Sure, it boots into Windows fine at 1.4GHz, heck, it even made it into Windows fine at 1466MHz and ran fine for a little while but then later Crashed! So does anyone here believe that its my 300w powersupply thats holding me from 1.4GHz stable and MHz behond that? And when I mean its not stable, I mean that Prime runs with an error! all the time.

If this is the case, I'm going for a 350watt powersupply which I hope solves the problem.

p.s, I got two hard drives in the computer so this could be a problem?

I run my 1.4 overclocked ,extra case fans with a 300 wt supply and have no probs ..dont think its your supply..

Back