• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd Athlon IIx2 regor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bogie

i am starting to overclock my amd athlon II x2 regor stock is 2.8 gigs, @2.9 gigs load temp is 28c 210x14 running orthos, 30 minutes of orthos higest temp was 28 does that prog stress everything was running blended
this memory says runs at 2.1 , but is running at 1.8 when running that prog. using core temp now 3.0 gigs @ 215x14 running orthos again highest temps are 28c, are my temps ok so far? 30 minutes highest temp was 29c and has passed the testing. Are temps ok , i always worry about that.

Last edited:
If you're using CoreTemp then anything up to 55°C is good - though lower is always better. :)

Looks like you've still got a LOT of OC'ing headroom left ...

Well, with 28C at max load with a 200mhz OC, you should deffinetly be able to get around 3.4ghz - 3.6ghz; there's a couple people here who OC'd to that range. Like QI said, 55C is about the limit for current AMD chips.

Thank you both one question i do have is my memory is rated at 2.1, but everything says right now it is 1.8, should i just leave it there till i get errors, with each increase i run orthos about 1 hour, and i am using core temp. thank you

1.8v is default vDIMM for DDR2 and most BIOS's are programmed to use that but they also have the option to increase the vDIMM - up to 2.2v and sometimes more. As you increase the reference clock (HTRef) you'll also be increasing the RAM, cpuNB, and HT Link speeds. I suggest you decrease the HT Link to 8X and drop your RAM speed one notch (DDR2-800 RAM to DDR2-667 setting, etc) but keep the higher speed timings. You'll probably have to set these manually since most BIOSs start acting kinda' funny with respect to RAM timings and speed when you raise the HTRef. Once you've got your CPU clocked as high as you want you can come back and play with the other settings. For now having them turned down keeps them from interfering with the CPU overclock ...

If it works at 1.8v, i'd just leave it there.=
You have lots of OCing headroom, you should be able to hit mid 3ghz without too much of a problem, possibly further.

Ok thank you both , gonna be pushing a little more.Question is the pci-e and pci locked on the amd chipset?

Last edited:
Got my x2 240 regor @ 3.51Ghz using all stocks(Voltage,Heatsink and Fan, etc.) a lame MOBO(Jetway) and an old PC case, i got my temp max @ 62C so i dont want to push more because AMD said 74C is the max temp for regors. I feel safe @ 62C, so are you with 28C+ only :DDD so cool

Back