• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Bulldozer Fx 6100 problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mantas

So hello guys, i'm new here. So, i bought new PC about 1 week ago with:
Processor : AMD Bulldozer Fx 6100 3.3 GHZ
Graphics card : GeForce GTX 560 SE 1GB DDR5
Rams : 8GB (2x4GB) 1600Mhz DUAL CHANNEL DDR3
So i got few problems, when i play games like Saint's Row the Third,to run the game i need this program "Orochi-CEG", cause without this program games doesn't work, and sometimes i got lagg on Ultra settings, Need For Speed Run laggs too, and other games sometimes laggs.
What should I do, to do the best options on this processor, maybe i need to update my BIOS to play games without lagg, or what should I do? Cause i'm new at this, please tell me what should i do. Thanks!! :)

Last edited:
Is it ok on lower GFX settings?, I'm asking because a GeForce GTX 560 SE is a middle of the line GPU and not normally an Ultra GFX settings card.

Is it ok on lower GFX settings?, I'm asking because a GeForce GTX 560 SE is a middle of the line GPU and not normally an Ultra GFX settings card.
You mean, that problem is the Video card? ;o But i getting lagg even on NBA 2k12 sometimes >.<

I don't know much about this games you mentioned but most games are gpu dependant not cpu.

mantas, what resolution are you running the games at? That video card is pretty middle of the road and your problem could be caused by the video card not being able to handle either high resolution or high detail or both.

Asrock builds strange combinations of motherboard. They call that board a 960-GM but there is NOT any 9 series chipsets with onboard graphics. That board is actually using an Old 760G chipset that is supposedly used in a manner to support FX-series processors. The board barely has enough VRM circuitry to run a stock FX processor with the green stuff left in place as AMD designed the cpu to operate. Overclock of the cpu seems likely able to kill the mobo.

Update the bios and see if the "orochi" is still needed. Later bios may have FX fix inside with the later cpu code in the later bios. NO idea if it will hellp game lag or not.

mantas, what resolution are you running the games at? That video card is pretty middle of the road and your problem could be caused by the video card not being able to handle either high resolution or high detail or both.
Dude, i'm running on 1280x1024

Asrock builds strange combinations of motherboard. They call that board a 960-GM but there is NOT any 9 series chipsets with onboard graphics. That board is actually using an Old 760G chipset that is supposedly used in a manner to support FX-series processors. The board barely has enough VRM circuitry to run a stock FX processor with the green stuff left in place as AMD designed the cpu to operate. Overclock of the cpu seems likely able to kill the mobo.

Update the bios and see if the "orochi" is still needed. Later bios may have FX fix inside with the later cpu code in the later bios. NO idea if it will hellp game lag or not.
ammm, can you give me the link, how to update BIOS, cause i tried to find, but i failed..

Back