• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta Driver 9/5/13

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White Runner

Looks like a new beta driver was released yesterday! Glad it addresses some performance w/ CrossFire in Total War Rome II... Just wish they would fix Splinter Cell Black List and CrossFire :bang head

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-10WINBetaDriver.aspx

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta Driver for Windows:

AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta includes all of the features/fixes found in AMD Catalyst 13.8 Beta2
PCI-E bus speed is no longer set to x1 on the secondary GPU when running in CrossFire configurations
Rome Total War 2: Updated AMD CrossFire™ profile
improves CrossFire scaling up to 20% (at 2560x1600 with extreme settings)
resolves corruption issues seen while playing the game
Saints Row 4: Updated AMD CrossFire profile
improves CrossFire scaling up to 20% (at 2560x1600 with ultra settings)
Metro Last Light: Updated AMD CrossFire profile
improves CrossFire scaling up to 10% (at 2560x1600 with ultra settings)
Includes a number of frame pacing improvements for the following titles:
Tomb Raider
Metro Last Light
Sniper Elite
World of Warcraft
Max Payne 3
Hitman Absolution

just had a few random video lock up moments in tribes. to the point of monitor going into standby, didnt get to try in borderlands 2 or bioshock but if it didnt make it past tribes then it wasnt worth my time....

was clean install, driver swept and all

going back to 13.8

i don't try any game for the moment
but the pc crash at installation :eek:
i uninstall and reboot
install without problem, when i try game,if i have trouble i'm gonna post it here

I'm not having any problems, except Total War Rome 2 is still glitchy... BF3, Splinter Cell Blacklist still doesn't like crossfire but played fine. SR4 looks good too, though I haven't had any driver issues with that game...

Sapphire 7970 vapor-x here. On 13.8, I was getting splinter cell blacklist to run beautifully, with ultra settings, AF x 16, msaa X 2 and field ao. Upgraded to 13.10 last night after clean sweep and started getting some slowdown in the game, which didn't happen omce on 13.8. Thinking of going back to 13.8. Anyone having performance problems as well? Should I re-install 13.10 or revert back to 13.8? I also downloaded the application profiles

It could be... I uninstall the current driver, boot to safe mode and run Driver Cleaner to delete any remnants of the previous driver; then install the new driver!

Back