• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD E350 Pure Fusion idle overheating ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrocodaVe

Registered
Sapphire AMD E350 Pure Fusion ITX
4Gb 1333 Sodimm DDR3
AverMedia Dual DVT-B PCIe TV
500gb WD Blue
Pico 120w
3TB External

Intended to be a mini home server, this Fusion ITX rig hits 65-70c merely transferring a file. And stays there! Theres a 40mm intake fan underneath (SATA ports) which seems useless and even with the lid off, idles at 55c+ (Core,Real Temp)
I've removed the sinks, cleaned up and applied mx-4 to them with no results.
The led 40mm (3000-4000rpm) blows a fairly good breeze. No I/O plate. Tried a slim 80mm spread over them both which was just noisey. Room for a front 40mm intake right against the LED display, I suppose ? Pulling just 30w, the idea was to leave it on most of the time of course. Not possible yet. I could customize a heatsink to cover the 2 processors and add a slim 80mm or so. The problem is, in this acrylic case I only have 1 and a half inches from processors to the lid. I'd like to avoid dremelling the lid. Any suggestions ?

Attachments

• IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 572
If you take the lid off and put a fairly serious fan aimed in there, what are the temps like?
That'll tell you whether it is a board issue or a case issue.

It's worth noting that the Fusions seem to be happy far hotter than PhII and FX stuff. I have a little zotac zbox that runs >80c under full cpu/gpu load without any issues at all.

When testing the rig first up, I balanced a 120mm on it for software setup and test because, being new, I thought it may need a few cycles to settle and didn't want to lose installations. 40-45 with that. 10 more with lid now. As you suggest, it doesn't bother it. It's more peace of mind if I were to go to work or something during a DL or other task. Near Winter here and room temp is 11c. 65 in there. This APU (Zacate) is rated at 100c I believe. Not for me. What about intake front and both sides. Blast it !

Last edited:
Intake on the front and exhaust on the rear will work nicely I think.

I really like the built in LCD, that's cool.

Back