• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX-6300 MSI Gaming 970 Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You will have to wait for cookie cutter settings (that sometimes don't work in the first place). That said, in my signature is a link to a guide, "Bulldozer overclocking guide" check that out and give it a try!

I know a lot of the AMD people really do not like MSI boards. But that looks like it has decent power phasing. Just keep it cool and perhaps the back of the socket as well to prevent throttling.

Of the 970s, that's the best MSI by far. A ton better than the "G43".

Someone needs to be executed for the existence of the "G43" model.
OTOH, I don't even know if the "G43" can handle a Phenom II X2.

Sorry for really late update. Been working away from home for a while so did not have the time to push it further untill now :)

Now i can say iam pushing it. CPU and VMR is on the limit ( but on the other hand when using computer it neer run at 100 % xD )

So 4.8 is the max i think i will be able to squeeze out of my setup atm. But since the CPU is Stock 3.5 im pretty happy to have gotten it to 4.8 thats 1.3 ghz overclock. Wa
Was hoping i might be able to get 4.9 out of it but at this moment i wont even try.

Stable 4.8 pushing it.jpg

You're right 4.8 is as high as you should go. I see your temps are getting quite high already.

You're right 4.8 is as high as you should go. I see your temps are getting quite high already.

Yap they are indeed :) When i did this test this morning it was REALLY hot in my room aswell if the temp in my room was like it usally are the temps would have been atleast 2-4 degrees lower.

But with that said iam going to keep it at 4.8 untill later on when i maybe get some better cooling :)

Back