• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 8320 + MSI 990FXA-GD80

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SmKFL

i am trying to overclock my processor but when i run prime95 after overclock one of the cores stop the Thread, random core, also i am having this problem TMPIN1 readings dissapear only when i turn on my pc i can see crazy temp later i open HWMonitor and i didnt see anymore TMPIN1

http://i50.tinypic.com/35lemhw.jpg

Welocome to OC Forums!

Please attach images directly with your posts instead of linking them. Make it as easy as possible for those helping you to help you.

To attach a pic with a post, first crop and save the pic to disc. Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories is great for this. Then click on Go Advanced at the bottom of any new post window. When the advanced post window appears, click on the little paperclip tool at the top. This will load the file browser/up-link tool and the rest will be obvious.

Also, we need pics of these three CPU-z tabs: CPU, Memory and SPD. If you have not installed this program, please do so now. It gives us a wealth of info about your system and settings.

Several observations:

1. Yeah! I see that TMPIN1 temp at 127c! I trust that's a bogus reading and if it disappears intermittently then I would suspect it is.
2. Your picture of HWMonitor looks like it is taken when the system is at idle. What we need to know are the temps of the "Package" (which is the processor temp) and the CPU socket (one of the TMPINx lines) under load.
3. You are running your ram at 1333 mhz when it is capable of 1600 mhz. You probably need to go into bios and manually set the DRAM or Memory speed to 1600 mhz.
4. We know nothing about your system components except your CPU and your motherboard. Please tell us about the:

RAM - make and frequency rating
PSU - make and wattage rating
Video card - make and model
CPU cooler - make and model. Or is it the stock cooler that came boxed with CPU?
Case - make and model. How many intake and how many exhaust fans do you have installed?

5. Prime95 core workers usually drop out because the CPU core voltage is too low. Your CPU vcore maxes out at 1.288 according to HWMonitor. Try setting that to "Manual" and bumping it up by .025.

Back