• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD min ATX AM3 suggesstion.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iKarampa

Can I pick your brains for an AM3 mini ATX motherboard? Preferably with USB3 port :)

FYI:
mini ATX is 17×17 cm (6.7×6.7 inches)
microATX is 30.5×24.4 cm (12 ×9.6 inches)

UPDATE 1
I need something that fits into this case Antec ISK300-150 , accepts an AMD AM3 processor and has a graphics card embedded (like the Radeon HD 4250 above) for around 100$. It will be used mainly for xbmc

UPDATE 2
There was a website error on Amazon. This mobo MSI-880GMA-E35-FX-Motherboard-AMD880G-Mini-ATX is actually MicroAtx

UPDATE 3
The best I could find so far is: Asus AM3 M4A88T-I Deluxe

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for. Do you have a question regarding one or are looking to purchase one? Do you have any other hardware bought already? If so, please post what you have. If not, please post a budget and what you will use the system for exactly (if gaming, what games and at what resolution).

The microATX motherboard listed looks like it will do what you want. The black CPU socket means it supports am3+ and AM3 CPUs.

Motherboards are usually mini-ITX < Flex-ATX < micro-ATX < ATX < EATX < EEATX < WATX.
mini usually refers to mITX motherboards, usually characterized by one PCIe 2.0/3.0 x 16 slot (though sometimes two or none)
Flex is rare
mATX is micro-ATX, usually with four expansion slots.

The 880/850 means the board includes "on board video" with the 880 Northbridge, 4250 video which is usable not exciting (newer CPU+ iGPUs [integrated GPUs] like Llano or Trinity [APUs] or Intel Cores series [CPU+iGPU] ) outperform these older on motherboard Graphic providers.
850 Southbridge means overclocking and core unlocking are possible if your CPU supports this.

Generally 880 motherboards are the "base" model, 870 is a stripped down deluxE model without video support [video card needed], 890 is DELUXE line with the 890FX the top performer.

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for. Do you have a question regarding one or are looking to purchase one? Do you have any other hardware bought already? If so, please post what you have. If not, please post a budget and what you will use the system for exactly (if gaming, what games and at what resolution).

I need something that fits into this case Antec ISK300-150 , accepts an AMD AM3 processor and has a graphics card embedded (like the Radeon HD 4250 above)

The best I could find was:
Asus AM3 M4A88T-I Deluxe

This I believe is a mini ATX Asus AM3 M4A88T-I Deluxe Micro-ITX Motherboard 5200MT/S but so expensive for what I need it!

I would like to spend less than $100 for it and will be used for xbmc mainly.

Last edited:
The microATX motherboard listed looks like it will do what you want. The black CPU socket means it supports am3+ and AM3 CPUs.

Motherboards are usually mini-ITX < Flex-ATX < micro-ATX < ATX < EATX < EEATX < WATX.
mini usually refers to mITX motherboards, usually characterized by one PCIe 2.0/3.0 x 16 slot (though sometimes two or none)
Flex is rare
mATX is micro-ATX, usually with four expansion slots.

The 880/850 means the board includes "on board video" with the 880 Northbridge, 4250 video which is usable not exciting (newer CPU+ iGPUs [integrated GPUs] like Llano or Trinity [APUs] or Intel Cores series [CPU+iGPU] ) outperform these older on motherboard Graphic providers.
850 Southbridge means overclocking and core unlocking are possible if your CPU supports this.

Generally 880 motherboards are the "base" model, 870 is a stripped down deluxE model without video support [video card needed], 890 is DELUXE line with the 890FX the top performer.

It does until I realised it will not fit the case Antec ISK300-150 :(

So miniATX is smaller then MicroATX? Very odd - I'll keep my eye out but there aren't many AM3 miniITX boards let alone miniATX.

miniATX is 17×17 cm (6.7×6.7 inches)
microATX is 30.5×24.4 cm (12×9.6 inches)

Yes there aren't many, I found it the hard way :mad:

miniATX is 17×17 cm (6.7×6.7 inches)
microATX is 30.5×24.4 cm (12×9.6 inches)

Yes there aren't many, I found it the hard way :mad:

you probably are looking for an mini-ITX board. mini-ITX is 6.7"x6.7", there is no mini-ATX: and it looks like you've got almost no choices... the Asus looks like it's all there is, unless you want to go with a Zotac board.

Last edited:
The case is a mITX, not mATX.
It's tiny tiny.
On the plus side the 150w PSU that comes with the case really can cough up 150w, 120w of 12v too.

Most miniITX motherboards are going to limited to a 65watt or less cpu. The board below actually has an AMD chipset and not a wonky Nvidia.

ZOTAC 880G-ITX AMD 880G Socket AM3 Mini-ITX Motherboard w/HDMI, DVI, Audio, GbLAN & RAID

Wow, that is a nice set of features for that price. I too was looking into doing this same type thing until I decided my ATV2 (Apple TV 2) worked great doing it, and I didn't have to buy anything.

OP that might be another option. I use my ATV2 and have it connected to a file server downstairs. I can stream anything from the server to the ATV2, and it has XBMC on it. Just a different thought for ya.

Back