• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II N620 2.8Ghz Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leigon X

I was wondering if I could overclock the AMD Phenom II Dual-Core 2.8ghz N620 cpu in my HP ProBook 6455b? I've never overclocked before and didn't know where to start, so I thought I'd ask people with overclocking experience.

Simple answer: No! Laptop bioses do not include overclocking tools and even if you could the cooling would be inadequate to handle the extra heat.

I asked because when I was looking around I saw someone had overclocked that cpu. Is there a way to OC it say with software instead of the BIOS?

I doubt it will work but you may try AMD Overdrive, that said I'll re-iterate what Trents said, the laptop isn't going to be able to deal with the extra heat. So if you can overclock you're going to need a way to keep it cool.

I have a cooling pad under it, and a fan fan blowing at it from either side; plus I keep my house pretty cool. Think that'd keep it low enough?

I have a cooling pad under it, and a fan fan blowing at it from either side; plus I keep my house pretty cool. Think that'd keep it low enough?
It's possible! The real hurdle is going to be overclocking it at all.

Back