• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Releases Adrenalin Software Edition 23.2.1 – 6000 Series Gets Some Love

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

1-21-Cropped.jpg
AMD has released its Radeon Adrenalin Edition 23.2.1 WHQL. This is the first driver update from AMD that supports anything other than its 7000-series GPUs since last December. Adrenalin 23.2.1 WHQL provides numerous 4k resolution improvements for a slew of game titles, several Vulkan extensions, and improvements to AMD Software. This is a large update with a multitude of bug fixes incorporated. Below is AMD's press release, along with a download link. However, there have been several reports of users experiencing issues with Fast Boot after installing, so be advised.
Click here to read more!

Just be prepared to roll the driver back if you have issues.
I looked around and didn't see much on this. Someone referring to a reddit thread at TPU...maybe it's my reddit skills?

What I did see, the person had to disable fast boot, then enable it?

Yes, the reported issues are with Fast Boot. The key was to disable Fast Boot before installing the driver otherwise issues were reported (i.e. BSOD, boot loops, etc). My comment was to simply be prepared. Create restore points, have rollback drivers on hand, and so on.

The next version 23.2.2 is out.

Anyone finding funny issues on their AMD software self stress test? Same issue on both it will ramp the GPU Mhz up then stop then start then stop. on 23.2.1 I had some fails even on frequency's that normally worked , on my first install of the newer driver I was seeing fails on defaults / rage mode too.

All Games and benchmarks working fine not throttling or anything however.

Main gains I have seen are raytracing performance has gone up with these drivers.

I have had 12,500ish (its about the same between 23.2.1 and 23.2.2 ) so far on port royal on 24/7 clocks which is quite a few points higher than previous drivers running higher clocks with very cold room under water.

So it seems they gained on raytracing performance but perhaps some other oddity's are now introduced.

The next version 23.2.2 is out.

Anyone finding funny issues on their AMD software self stress test? Same issue on both it will ramp the GPU Mhz up then stop then start then stop. on 23.2.1 I had some fails even on frequency's that normally worked , on my first install of the newer driver I was seeing fails on defaults / rage mode too.
Yep, I was hoping to share the press release on the front page for this one today. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective I suppose) my mother lost power at her house with the massive ice storm that came through 2 nights ago and she is staying with us for the weekend it seems.

Back