• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD's R9 Nano Details Emerge! Launch Imminent!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It was announced at $650, but otherwise, I pretty much agree. I feel the card has its niche however. It is likely, a lot faster than the 970 ITX. So yeah, you pay for the best (at its size).

I know it was announced later at $650 but before AMD said its price, they said it will be cheaper while still high performance card. Price was even mentioned at about the same level as 290X ... but they could say that 290X just after premiere, not in this year. It's like $200+ difference ;)

I was actually thinking to get one some time ago but after calculating all costs it will be too much right now.
Looking at performance it's better option than Fury but lack of overclocking is causing that GTX980 is better option and if anyone really wants then will find large enough ITX case to put there GTX980 or other large card.
Nano is good product but as with all AMD products lately, too late and too expensive.
I will maybe think about it when prices drop and someone figure out how to overclock it ~20%+. Power design is good enough for ~225W in total so there is a chance to make it run higher.

$550 inc tax, duty and other costs would be just right price for me. In my area I expect it in price at least $800.

Edit
I was close. R9 Nano from 8 manufacturers is listed at about $790 in central EU stores. It means that price is as high as gaming series GTX980 Ti ( MSI Gaming, EVGA Superclocked etc ). Now who will buy that ...

Last edited:
Back