• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amount of ram used modern warfare

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Killerrf

Registered
Hello. I noticed after running modern warfare for a while my ram usage can be like 16-17 gb. Only thing running is win10 and modern warfare. Game runs fine just that when they say 16gb is good enough for gaming I’m thinking what’s going on here. Is this normal?

Well, the amount of RAM used depends on whats going on in your system. Is everything else closed out and you're still going over your 16GB of RAM?

EDIT: You have 32GB... you're fine. As far as if that's normal, not sure offhand... maybe someone is playing it or perhaps check out some game reviews that show RAM use......

EDIT: Which modern warfare? Aren't there a couple?

Last edited:
Modern Warfare is typically the free version which has a huge map. I wouldn't worry about it personally. That game is a resource hog and RAM usage probably goes up and down quite often. I still use 16g and have no problems running it.

I know MS Flight Simulator will use about 13-15GB of RAM if you have 16GB. It will also use around 19-22GB if you have 32GB. The actual improvement with MSFS in game is minimal though, only a few FPS in certain situations. I think some games work fine with 16GB, but will take advantage of more if it is there.

Well, the amount of RAM used depends on whats going on in your system. Is everything else closed out and you're still going over your 16GB of RAM?

EDIT: You have 32GB... you're fine. As far as if that's normal, not sure offhand... maybe someone is playing it or perhaps check out some game reviews that show RAM use......

EDIT: Which modern warfare? Aren't there a couple?
Yes correct 32 gb ram. Modern warfare 2019. This is in multiplayer. Not warZone. I’ll have to check some reviews out.
Post magically merged:

I know MS Flight Simulator will use about 13-15GB of RAM if you have 16GB. It will also use around 19-22GB if you have 32GB. The actual improvement with MSFS in game is minimal though, only a few FPS in certain situations. I think some games work fine with 16GB, but will take advantage of more if it is there.
I’ll have to pay attention to that game also when I run it next time.

Back