• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

and the IQ is differant again on 3dmark05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sentential said:
Yea Im fine, lol:D. Im just really touchy when it comes to nV bashing. Especailly since I was a dumbass who bought a 5200FXu...So thats where it comes from.

I'd also like to say that I had the option of getting an x800XT PE for $479:bang head (which I didnt take, instead got a 6800GT for $354) Sure I saved $100, but now im begining to wonder if that was the right choice.

So yea, I am pissed... at you guys? No. Myself (again)... yes, as usual :temper: :cry:

But forgive my ranting and raving. I tend to take things way too personally :bday: It still irrates me, cuz somehow in the back of my mind I can hear the sound of me getting shafted by nV once again.

As much as I liked ATi, their stability has been a real problem for me. Im not exactally sure what Im gonna do at this point. If nForce4 doesnt have AGP that will be the final nail in the coffin and my permenant ban of nV products from my rig....

But yea, I appologies bro. Its not right for me to take out my anger on other people. Ill definaly keep this in mind from now on. Besides, I can always vent frustration in games, instead against my OCing bretheren.

- Sen

bro, it's all good... :attn:

mica

Sentential said:
Yea Im fine, lol:D. Im just really touchy when it comes to nV bashing. Especailly since I was a dumbass who bought a 5200FXu...So thats where it comes from.

I'd also like to say that I had the option of getting an x800XT PE for $479:bang head (which I didnt take, instead got a 6800GT for $354) Sure I saved $100, but now im begining to wonder if that was the right choice.

So yea, I am pissed... at you guys? No. Myself (again)... yes, as usual :temper: :cry:

But forgive my ranting and raving. I tend to take things way too personally :bday: It still irrates me, cuz somehow in the back of my mind I can hear the sound of me getting shafted by nV once again.

As much as I liked ATi, their stability has been a real problem for me. Im not exactally sure what Im gonna do at this point. If nForce4 doesnt have AGP that will be the final nail in the coffin and my permenant ban of nV products from my rig....

But yea, I appologies bro. Its not right for me to take out my anger on other people. Ill definaly keep this in mind from now on. Besides, I can always vent frustration in games, instead against my OCing bretheren.

- Sen

______

P.S.

yes I agree, the FX series sux. And if I find the mother****er who designed the 5200FXU Im gonna give a swift kick in the groin, so that we keep the genepool clean of retarded people such as him. May he lead an interesting life....

If you are happy with your video card then you made the right choice. You will not notice any significant performance gain in most games outside of a benchmark here and there. Furthermore, if you are content with the IQ offered by the 6xxx series than there is nothing more that needs to be said. Honestly, I have no desire to pay over 250-300 for any card, especially when they will only depreciate in price within the next couple of months. With that being said, it's always a great thnig to save a couple bux or two. Hell, it's one of the main reasons that AMD has grown in such popularlity amongst our community.

In short, aside from all the screenshots and benchmarks and threads about "optimizations," you have a perfectly fine card. It will outperform the x800 in some tests and in others it will trail behind. For the most part, however, your card is right on par with its ATI counterpart and it was certainly $354 well spent compared to 450+. Personally, I have no affinity for AA/AF but I'm sure that the performance is not ALWAYS significant. I will not doubt that the cards handle shadows differently, but in the midst of a good multiplayer and/or singleplayer experience I doubt that this little "difference" will really matter. Lastly, never regret the choices you make, even if you bought an old P4B with Rambus. All you can do is learn from your mistakes (if any was made at all) and pray that history does not repeat itself in the future. Now enjoy that damn NVIDIA for all it's worth! :beer:

- EDIT - The NForce4 will not be designed for AGP. Instead, it is NVIDIA's solution to the Intel 915/925 chipsets and will mostly like be the chipset to incorporate DDR2 to the AMD64 platform in addition to PCI-X. At least you get SoundStorm 7.1! Seriously though, I would recommend that you sit tight and wait for the bells-and-whistles DFI s939 Lanparty to come out and pair it up with a good 90nm Winchester. Besides, DDR2 and Dual Core AMD CPUs will BOTH require different sockets; hence, don't expect a universal socket solution (like socket A) for many months down the road. Essentially, any upgrade you make will be obsolete over time so you might as well squeeze as much juice out of your 6800 on an AGP board. The beauty and inherent problem with the A64 lineup is that, aside from it's power and attractiveness, AMD is releasing too many different products on different sockets (soon to have 5 different sockets within 2 years: s754, s940, s939, DDR2 socket, dual core socket) which means that they are essentially in competition with themselves as the majority of enthusiasts will not be upgrading based on the Prescott/915/925.

deception``

Last edited:
Overclocker550 said:
I might buy one of those for xmas in 2005 when prices drop to $200 and when I have a winchester at like 3.5GHz

OT, but...

you heard it here first. Over will have a 3.5GHz a64 in approx 1 years time. should i start roflmao now or when the time comes?

**edit** \/\/\/ no comment i suppose. :p

Last edited:
some people insist there wont be an agp verson of nf4, others say nvidia would be shooting themselves in the foot if theres not one. we will know in a matter of weeks anyway. theres always nf3 for winchester if need be but nf3 wont be as good as nf4 :(

Cowboy X said:
deception`` I am not too enthusiastic about the next version of soundstorm since it is said to not have Dolby Digital encoding via hardware .

who says? besides its not something i and most of the users wont care about

I can't remember where I saw it but it is fairly solid ( for a rumour , actually I think NV said so )as far as I recall . And yes it does matter to me since it seperated the Nforce2 from the rest of the pack . The new Soundstorm will just be another soundcard soloution to me .

Cowboy X said:
I can't remember where I saw it but it is fairly solid ( for a rumour , actually I think NV said so )as far as I recall . And yes it does matter to me since it seperated the Nforce2 from the rest of the pack . The new Soundstorm will just be another soundcard soloution to me .

if it matches the sound quality of my audigy 2 non-zs ill be glad to get rid of the last

Back