• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another HOT Deal: Dell 2408WFP $449 S-PVA Panel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
One more good deal if you're in the market for the best 24" monitor made today - and I can verify as I have one.
Dell currently has the 2408WFP on sale for $499, but use this coupon - 2J0TX0Z5NW22MB and you'll get another 10% off, making the total $449 - a very good deal on this monitor. There are some other monitors this coupon can be used on as well, but the 2408WFP is typically about $675, so this is certainly the one with the most $$ off list.

If you want cheaper, and don't mind a TN panel, the S2409W is available for $224 after coupon.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=320-6272

Yes, it's pricier than the $249 Acer versions out there, but this monitor is in an entirely different league than any TN based 24" out there. With a little tweaking of the settings, this sucker is gorgeous.

It also has four built-in USB ports, and a 9-in-2 media card reader.
Height, tilt, and swivel adjustments too.

Connectivity:
High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
Digital Visual Interface - Digital (DVI-D) with High Definition Content Protection (HDCP)
DisplayPort
Video Graphics Array (VGA)
Component Video
Separate Video (S-Video)
Composite Video

Tech specs:
Panel Size: 24" / 24"
Panel Type: VA - Vertical alignment (S-PVA)
Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Contrast Ratio: 1300:1 (typical)
Brightness: 400cd/m2 (typical)
Response Time: 6 ms (gray to gray) typical
Viewing Angle: 178° / 178° (typical)
Color Support: 16.7 million colors; 110% color gamut
Pixel Pitch: 0.270 mm

Last edited:
I haven't seen this in use, but I can say it should be better than any TN panel. However, does it have the reverse ghosting issue?

The only time I've personally noticed ghosting is when I change the background to black and move the mouse quickly over the screen; basically forcing it to ghost.

The only time I've personally noticed ghosting is when I change the background to black and move the mouse quickly over the screen; basically forcing it to ghost.

That's not reverse ghosting. Also there's such a thing as input lag. If the monitor doesn't come equipped with some kind of input processor it's a good display. With high end displays, the less technology, the better. Just give me a monitor with a few different inputs, the ability to select scaling methods, etc, and I'm happy as hell.

My f riend has a nice benq, not sure of the exact panel, but it's one of those pva's, not sure if it's spva or not. but it's beautiful. I'm sure my screen has a faster draw time, but it's still not as fluid due to how vivid those pva panels are. :(

Dammit, I've wanted this one for awhile. I've got a 24" S-PVA BENQ that I've calibrated but the panel is a bit fugly. If I could sell it for $300+ I'd jump on this..

well i went ahead and purchased one. I cant use it now, but it'll be waiting for me when i get home (I've always regretted selling my 2407wfp).

GAH!! Ordered. Doesn't even look like its on the site anymore, the above link is dead.

DARN YOU MATTSPALACE!!! :)

Whooooo wants my old tech??

Dell seems to botching all their LCD deals in the past week, I'd be a little hesitant on pulling the trigger for a while :(

Order Number: XXXXXXXXX Estimated Delivery Date : 03/17/2009
Item Number Quantity Item Description
320-6272
1 Dell 2408WFP 24 inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

Save $170 Today! - $170.00
Save an additional 10% on your Electronics, Software & Accessories - $170.00

Save an additional 10% on your Electronics, Software & Accessories - $49.90
986-4872 1 3Yr PREMIUM PANEL Ltd. Warranty, 3 yr Advanced Exchange

Order Subtotal: $449.10
Shipping and Handling Total: $19.99
Shipping Discount: -$19.99
Tax Total: $26.95
Total Amount: $476.05

------------------------------------------------------------

The deal may be dead, but I bet the coupon is still active.

Back