• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 302 or Zalman Z9 Plus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Opusbuild

Hi all,

I am trying to decide between these two cases for my first build.

Antec 302
http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=704927&fid=84

OR

Zalman Z9 Plus
http://www.zalman.com/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=423

Any advice on which would be the better option, would be much appreciated.

Here is my build list
Parts List

Power Supply Unit
Corsair Memory 600W Builder Series CX V2 ATX PSU
Case
Antec 300 Three Hundred Two Case + 3/4 Case Fans
Motherboard
AsRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z77, Up to 32GB DDR3, ATX, 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, Supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX, Premium Gold Caps)
Processor
Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
Note: I may go for the Core i7-3770k if I can find a good deal.
Cooler (to be added later when overclocking, using stock to start with)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Processor cooler
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
DVDR
LiteOn iHAS124 SATA DVD Write Optical Drive
Graphics Card - Want to leave option open for added another GPU later
Sapphire 11179-09-20G HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Harddrive
Seagate 1TB Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 64MB 7200RPM Hard Drive
SSD
To be added later

Let me give you another suggestion, the NZXT phantom 410, it have excelent cable management, have enough space for water cooling.
If you don't want a NZXT case, than i thing you should get the Zalman case, i think it look better than the Antec case, but bot of those case have a very poor cable management :)

Another temptation, is the Rosewill Blackhawk. It's about the same size as all of the above. It has great cable management and great reviews for it cooling abilities.

My vote goes to the Antec....... ;)

but bot of those case have a very poor cable management :)

I can't speak for the Zalman but the Antec has pretty damn good cable management built in...........(Maybe your thinking of the original Three Hundred:shrug:)

What i liked about the Three Hundred Two was the good cooling right out of the box, front panel USB 3.0 and it's ability to handle video cards up to 12.5"......(As well as the previously stated good cable management)

GL with your build regardless which case you go with. :thup:

Thanks all,

I decided to go and made purchase for the Antec Three Hundred Two, I do agree the original seemed to need a little more design improvements in terms of cable management, but they seemed to have covered that in the latest model. I am looking forward to receiving the case.. now onto buying the rest of the PC :) Thanks everyone !

Back