• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec H2O 920 or Corsair H80 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiTrOwow

Whats the best for overclocking? I have a Antec 902 case.

The Cooler Antec H2O 920
http://www.hiq24.de/products/Cooling/Wasserkuehlung/Cooler-Antec-H2O-920-Wasserkuehlung.html

Or

The Corsair H80
http://www.hiq24.de/products/Coolin...-Corsair-H80-schwarz-alle-Sockel-2x120mm.html

I am not german just use this website to check the parts and compare them.

So what i want is a better cooler for my i7 930 to higher then 4.01 Ghz without getting above 72*C under 2 hours of 100% p95 load.

Currently running at 4.01 Ghz 21x191 1.280v EIST: OFF HT: ON
Turbo: off

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
NiTrOwow

They're both made by Asetek, rebranded by Antec/Corsair and resold.

I think the H80 wins by a few degrees, as they are built to slightly different designs.

Best for overclocking? Liquid Nitrogen. Or Liquid Helium. Got $1000 for 2-3 hours of world records?

That said, it's as good or a bit better than a top air cooler. It's not magic.

You can get a bit better overclocking with real watercooling, but just a bit more.

It's not that simple, 'is xx the best for overclocking, giving me totally unexpected abilities above the bounds of the laws pf physics.'

It's a decent cooler, and hope it performs to your needs. You have a deent probability that it might be faulty, lots of returns and quality issues with something built on maximum cheap and hoping your happy with it.

It's not real watercooling, but it has it's uses. Not a 'MAX OVERCLOCK' thing by any means, LOL.

Best for overclocking? Liquid Nitrogen. Or Liquid Helium. Got $1000 for 2-3 hours of world records?

That said, it's as good or a bit better than a top air cooler. It's not magic.

You can get a bit better overclocking with real watercooling, but just a bit more.

It's not that simple, 'is xx the best for overclocking, giving me totally unexpected abilities above the bounds of the laws pf physics.'

It's a decent cooler, and hope it performs to your needs. You have a deent probability that it might be faulty, lots of returns and quality issues with something built on maximum cheap and hoping your happy with it.

It's not real watercooling, but it has it's uses. Not a 'MAX OVERCLOCK' thing by any means, LOL.

Jep i know but i was looking to get my i7 maybe up to just some higher clock rates, with not frying the dang thing XD its now running on: 4094Mhz 21x 195 1.280v Was hoping to get it up to 4.5 or something with the 'water cooling'.
Or just to lower the temps a bit. Since it's now like about 73*C under full load.

NiTrOwow

From what i hear they are about the same. But i know that Antec has the BEST customer service ever seen!

Thanks for letting me know this. I had experience with XFX support. Not buying anything of there crap anymore. So thanks for letting me know this. I hate it when the device fails or gets faulty and then when you need the support to get things worked out it turns out bad and stuff. I really hate that :/

NiTrOwow

They're both made by Asetek, rebranded by Antec/Corsair and resold.

I think the H80 wins by a few degrees, as they are built to slightly different designs.

Okee great. I think i might get me one if it is really worth it. Not sure yet.

NiTrOwow

The 920 beats out the H80 by a couple degrees,but for the same price as the 920 you could do an H100 and beat out the 920 easy, but I bought a Coolermaster v8 Heatsink, and can do 4.5 GHz without breaking 70*C full load and its a $40 heatsink, give or take 5 bucks.
I'd watch what your doing, seeing as you hit 73*C, thats past the TCase Intel puts on the 930 which is 67.9*C, meaning your rapidly killing your machine. Passing the TCase is a no-no, and equals CPU death just so you know.
I suspect you are trying to overclock on the stock cooler, which is a terrible idea. Just WAIT on overclocking till you get ANYTHING better.

Hi there
Abit new to this forum and as a read this post i found it most interesting.

I have a Intel i7-930 @ 4.0Ghz (200x20) with no trouble at all. Yes it gets a bit hot when using Prime95 (70-72) but running games it hits only 52-55 degrese. Before this chip i had a i7-920 running at the same overclock but it hit 80-84 degrese and i thought it was abit hot but ran with no trouble at all the time i had it plugged in. Still works without any hickups.
Been thinking of getting me an Corsair H100 to get the temps down abit as i´m quite satisfied with this overclock on the i7-930.
Could i lower the temps by changing the fsb/multi ration? Where is the sweetspot for lowest temps @ 4.0Ghz?

When it comes to Intels max TCase, i always thought that was running at max load 24/7 and therefor if you go past it, it´s stable and you dont run the cpu 24/7 at max load, i dont think its so much risk. But thats me and my thoughts thats worked for me ever since i started to overclock with my first subject, the Intel Pentium MMX 166Mhz.

Last edited:
Back