• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec VP450watt enough for FX6300 oc to 4.0ghz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mav123

Hello. I'm in the process of building a budget pc. The parts I'm looking at getting is an fx6300, gigabyte 970-ds3p, evga gtx960, 8gigs of ram, 500gb wd black hd, pci sound card, and pci network card. If I overclock my fx6300 to only 4ghz at 1.35V would an Antec VP450watt power supply be enough to run this rig? Thanks.

If you haven't gotten the PSU yet , I'd go up to about a 550 just for the future . If you do have it already then it'll be enough

I think people always trying to cut corners in cost need to really check on system requirements. I looked at specs for the VP-450 and g00gled for EVGA 760 GTX, number of PCI-e connectors.
Antec VP-450
PCI-Express Connector > 1 x 6-Pin

Question > I have a cooler master 460W power supply and it only comes with one 6 slot pin for pcie.

So I would need to find a different model of the gtx 960 since all the evga models need 2 x 6 pin connectors.

You better look and see how many PCI-e power connectors are on the EVGA video card you are thinking to buy and if it IS two 6 pin PCI-e connectors or 1 PCI-e 8 pin connector...I would certainly buy a better power supply with adequete PCI-e power and connectors.

RGone...

Back