• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec vs. Vantec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Antec PSUs are generally very high quality pieces. Im not terribly sure of Vantec's rep for PSU's, but I remember their Stealth PSU's were kinda loud, if that means anything to you.

For alternatives, you could always check out the Fortron 400W PSU. Fortron's tend to be underrated PSU's, so its more than likely pushing more than 400 watts.

FYI that Antec model is not a True Power. I suppose it all depends on what you need it for but I wouldn't use either of those 2 in my machines that I OC. If I were to go with antec I would definatly get a TP. You may just want to consider the Fortron 350W with 120mm fan. I doubt either of those would outperform it and its alot cheaper.

If you are looking for something in that higher price range then I would look for an antec TP or go with the Fortron 530W (which is a bit more expensive than those other 2)

I have been in Directron on count em, 6 times when customers have returned the Vantec Power Supply's...Yeah they are purty but the earlier models had problems and all the guy's I talked to said they were LOUD...For a little bit more change you can get the 530 Fortron...It is a beast...The single 120m/m fanned Fortron can be had for cheap and would be every bit as good as the 400watt Antec power supply your are considering...it is this one on the link below...Killer power supply that is whisper quiet...The 530 watt Fortron is the best bang for buck power supply out there over 400 watts...the 350 is this one Fortron FSP350-60PN Aurora Series 350W ATX12V for 55.00 bones on this page

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...tory=1919&catalog=58&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

Antec 380W Power Supply TRUE380 is $5 more than the 400W SP.

What's the difference between the two, I assume you'd suggest paying $5 more and getting the true380 instead of the SP400

c627627 said:
Antec 380W Power Supply TRUE380 is $5 more than the 400W SP.

What's the difference between the two, I assume you'd suggest paying $5 more and getting the true380 instead of the SP400

Of these two, I usually recommend neither; as the Fortron 350 is able to compete well with both (at least on the 12v rail) and is a fair bit cheaper.

Yeah, I had the pleasure of testing the Fortron FSP350-60BN vs. Antec SmartPower SL350.

I kept the SL350 because it had two fans and it was noticeably quieter.

This is for someone else who may decide that noise is a factor for them too. Hm... maybe they too should get the Antec SmartPower SL350 instead of the Antec 400...

That Vantec's rated to go 500W peak... are they underrating their PSUs as well just like Fortron? (I'm concerned they may be louder then Antecs just like the Fortron is.)

By the way, the word 'loud' is way relative here. That Fortron is probably quiter then what most people have now, it's just when they're compared to Antec two fan PSUs...

Back