• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any 'Danger' / 'Damage Potential' in Adjusting 'Sub-Timings' Exposed in Maxwell Bios Tweaker? [L2C, XBAR, SYS]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boddole

Core / Mem will just artifact / crash, but since I've never adjusted these (L2C, XBAR, SYS) settings I have no idea if there is any potential for damage to occur if pushed 'hard' (or just setting some crazy high value).

I'm also using Maxwell Bios Tweaker v1.36 and the card is the M2000 if it matters.

Any ideas appreciated, thank you for reading.

I'm not sure about this specifically, but, with any changes, there's a risk involved. Be sure you have a copy of the original BIOS and perhaps a second card on hand so you can flash the other if things go south.

That said, I highly doubt changing these things is going to yield a significant improvement in performance... so not sure it's worth the risk...especially if it's your primary GPU.

Back