• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any final suggestions or tweaks for my build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Cooler: Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Power

RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical @2800

Motherboard: ASRock X370 KILLER SLI/ac

GPU: MSI RX 580 Armor (possibly upgrading to a GTX 2060 upon release)

Storage: ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVME, SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB SATA, SeaGate Barracuda 2TB

PSU: EVGA 600BQ 600W Semi-Modular 80+ Bronze

Case: Corsair Carbide 275R White

Monitor: Acer XF270H 27" 1080p 144Hz

Mouse: Logitech G600

Keyboard: G.Skill KM780R Cherry MX Brown

Speakers: Logitech Z506

Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 CS

Just trying to run most modern games (your typical popular titles, the Witcher series, the Assassin's Creed series, GTA V, Doom, Tomb Raider, and some others) at the full 144Hz, or close to it, at 1080p. Shooting for high/ultra settings. Anything I should change? Extra goodies I could add? I was wondering about a DAC and amp, should I get a set? Suggestions on which ones?

Did you already have the RX 580 GPU? That will be the limiting component in your game play. About the equivalent of a GTX 1060. May not be able to play some games in ultra settings. But even so, your choices of components look good to me and should be a balanced system.

If you're overclocking CPU it should be ok, but I have a minor concern about the low stock clock of the 1600 for some games at high fps. So if not OC 24/7, then going to current gen 2600 + 400 series chipset would help give you that extra clock.

Did you already have the RX 580 GPU? That will be the limiting component in your game play. About the equivalent of a GTX 1060. May not be able to play some games in ultra settings. But even so, your choices of components look good to me and should be a balanced system.

If you're overclocking CPU it should be ok, but I have a minor concern about the low stock clock of the 1600 for some games at high fps. So if not OC 24/7, then going to current gen 2600 + 400 series chipset would help give you that extra clock.

I agree with both sentiments above. I don't think that 580 will happily play all of those titles at 1080p Ultra/High using AA and still reach 144 FPS.

Since you are at 1080p, you will want a fast CPU so that means overclocking whatever Ryzen you choose. That said, I would also go for the latest Ryzen instead of last gen.

Nope, was going to buy it. Think I should bump it up to a 1070?

So far y'all are recommending I go with a better GPU (presumably a 1070 or V56) and a 2600 instead of 1600. Anything else I should change?

Honestly unless budget is ultra tight, I'd go with a 1080 over a 1070 as the price difference between the lowest priced 1070 and the lowest priced 1080 (AIB) is only $100 USD on newegg at this time. But that is just me, when spending over $1000 I tend to weigh an extra $100 as a worthy upgrade.

Back