• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any possible chance the Zalman VF3000F will work on my non-reference GTX 570?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattcube64

Hi all!

First time posting here. I browse a lot of forums, and so I know to do some searching on Google and on the boards themselves is a prereq before posting ;p Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a definite answer. So if I'm doing anything wrong, please let me know. In any case, thanks for your time!

Here's the deal: I just snagged an awesome deal on this Zotac 570 "AMP! Edition" at Microcenter:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0371742

After all is said and done, and I sell the game codes, it only cost me a little over $200. Yay. It is meant as a replacement for my AMD 5870 for the upcoming BF3.

So far, I'm LOVING the card. Quite the performance boost. The problem is, I'm idling at about 45c, and under load, I hit 90c pretty easily with the fan at 85% - which sounds like a jet engine. No, my case doesn't have great cooling; but it's decent. My 5870 rarely broke 70c in the exact same spot.

So, I'm looking to get an aftermarket cooler. Now, for a lot of other cards, I've managed to find lists similar to "Lists of VGA coolers that work on non-reference variants of this particular card." I can't seem to find anything like that for GTX 570s or my Zotac in particular.

I'd *LOVE* to snag this VF3000F and put it on:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...80_GTX_ZM-VF3000F_GTX580570.html?tl=g40c21s66

But I have a VERY strong feeling I'm out of luck. But, figured it was worth asking.

If it doesn't work; can any one point me in the direction of a cooler that would work? Are those PCI exhaust fans worth a crap? Or am I just out of luck?

Any and all input appreciated! Thanks!

Hello Matt,

If the card you have has the same hole spacing as a card that is in the "compatible" list, it should work. Unless someone else has tried it, there won't be a way to know for sure without trying it yourself.

Before you buy an aftermarket heatsink, you should be fixing your case flow problem. Increasing the cooling capacity isn't going to help much if the inside of the case is hot. If you aren't overclocking, you can probably leave the stock cooler on once you get the issue resolved. What case do you have and how is it setup? Do you have pictures to show as an example?

Back