• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any thoughts on Asrock 890GX Pro3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doveman

Having looked around for a new DDR3 board (to replace my Biostar TA790GXBE, which has a bug which causes it to reboot when resuming from standby if the FSB is overclocked at all, and which Biostar aren't interested in fixing), the one I like the best is the Asrock 890GX Pro3. I'll be using an Althon II X4 630. with 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 and a Powercolor 6950 2GB.

Just wondered if anyone's got any experience with this board and knows if it's good for overclocking (I'll be aiming for around 250FSB and I know it doesn't have the same bug as the Biostar board, as Asrock have tested and confirmed) or if there's anything else I should be aware of?

The only thing I could say when looking for a motherboard is to look for a 990FX chipset if you plan on upgrading you processor in the same board, what with bulldozer coming out :shrug: as for this specific board, I can't help you, but best of luck finding someone who can

Thanks. There doesn't appear to be any 990FX boards available at the moment that suit my needs as well as the Asrock 890GX Pro 3, but it's a good point and I'll certainly keep an eye out, although I'm rather impatient to get a new board :)

Back