• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any thoughts on the Sony FW series??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pizzapieguy

CPU: 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 1066MHz 3MB
RAM: 3gb 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-6400)
Hard drive: 250GB 5400RPM
Video: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 with 256MB of dedicated memory and a total available graphics memory of 1530MB
Built-in 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN
Built-in Bluetooth
DVD SuperMulti drive
HD widescreen display: This laptop features a gorgeous 16.4" high-definition widescreen display with 1600 x 900 pixel resolution for a full 1080p HD picture 16:9 aspect ratio.
Windows® Vista Home Premium

I do some gaming, watch movies, but mostly surf the net and chat

Price: ~1100.00

Last edited:
My thoughts on Sony: About 5 years ago I was looking to get my first laptop. People told e not to get a Vaio, but I got the PCG-FRV37 anyway because I liked the specs (P4 2.8GHz on a lappy!).

At first I loved the thing, but within a month I started having problems. The battery lasted for less and less time, the computer slowed down tremendously, amongst other things.

Basically, my opinion is, don't get a Vaio, ever. It might have been just a bad experience that's not usual, or it might have changed since then (5 years ago), but I will never by a Sony laptop again.

That being said, I know nothing about that particular lappy.

Back