• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anybody had a good OC experience with any of these mobos?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h20link

I'm just wondering if any of you guys can post your advice/OC'ing experience with any of these boards....I'm building a linux box and I've got everything but mobo and CPU....

I'll probably go AMD but the TYAN board was in my price range (up to $50) @ newegg refurbs....anyways, here's the list:

TYAN Trinity 510 (S2266) VIA P4 P4X266 SOCKET 478 400MHz FSB DDR ATX MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte GA-7DX AMD-761 & VIA 686B

Gigabyte GA-7VTXE KT266A Dual BIOS

Gigabyte GA-7DX+, AMD761 ATA100

Gigabyte GA-7VTXE+,VIA KT266A chipset, ATA133

EPOX EP-8KHAL VIA Apollo KT266A

EPOX EP-8KHA+ VIA Apollo KT266A

EPOX EP-8K7A+, with RAID, UltraDMA-100.

AOPEN AK77-333

Any of these are GREAT board!
Gigabyte GA-7VTXE+,VIA KT266A chipset, ATA133

EPOX EP-8K7A+, with RAID, UltraDMA-100.

AOPEN AK77-333

I know these things a bit ;)

I am firmly convinced that there is a little bit of magic in these boards: nothing else quite explains to me why they OC so well- in fact I would buy yet another before I would buy a 333 board.

I have had 4 (I broke one:() and all of them were able to maintain stable overclocks at over 170 fsb using Compusa power supplies and generic pc2100 ram.

I've ordered 4 of the Epox 8KHA+ boards from newegg (all refurbs) and have had zero trouble. In fact, I am expecting board #5 to arrive here on Monday. 3 of the 4 boards have been for other folks, so I haven't had the opportunity to Overclock them yet.(Well I had a 1G duron running at 1.2 on one but that was no big deal). I plan to start overclocking my wifes XP1600 tonight. I will however vouch for the stability of the boards at stock so far. If I'm not mistaken, rogerdugans is the one who recommended these boards to me in the first place and I have not been disappointed one bit.

h20link said:
so what did you get for an OC w/ it? what proc/stepping were you using?

#1 (My workstation)
agoia y 0213 XP1600, water cooled and volt- modded for vcore, vmem and the psu for 5v
currently running @1923mhz with a 175mhz FSB (wcpuid)

I have hit 2ghz with this rig when temps were lower, but the benches are faster in the mid 1900s anyway.

#2 and 3
XP1700s @1710 with 170mhz fsb
Air cooled, volt modded (1 is at 1.85 and 1 at 1.95 vcore)
Steppings: don't remember right now- nothing very good though.
One of these did hit 1.8 when in the H2O rig

All three have generic PC2100 ddr (with Micron chips on pcbs from different companies.)

Back