• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody hear about the new gaming P4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sounds like intel is learning the art of paper releases! Atleast in some articles they predicted it would not be available to consumers untill next year..

From what I understand the EE will not be sold retail boxed, oem only, dell dude. I'm sure it's a fantastic chip but at a fantastic price to match. To be perfectly honest I notice little difference between my 1.5 willy and 1.6 northie both in benches and overclocking both seem to game well also. Maybe intel will eventually sell it retail but by then my eyes will be on the prescott. On a side note JohnnyCNote; you need to remove the link in your sig before a mod does, posting of URLs is strictly forbidden. Just a friendly tip for a new member, sorry.

i was just saying what i read at anandtech... didn't really know the specifics, not trying to be techinical. Sorry

Mark Larson said:

If you want to be technical, yes Intel did release it a week before that, but its a paper release.

If you really want to argue semantics, Intel just announced it, saying it would ship in 30-60 days. That's different from "releasing" it, saying it's available now, and then not shipping anything for a month.

bluestreakLB said:

LOL, someone must be sick of his windows ME system...

how bout we stay on track here.

Hey it was meant to show a marketing ploy example, and I have stayed on track about this in other P4 XE forums. Intel is comming out with this chip in hopes to rake in profits for its next line, or keep that marketing edge on AMD. It was basically a relation. Not going off track.

NookieN said:

If you really want to argue semantics, Intel just announced it, saying it would ship in 30-60 days. That's different from "releasing" it, saying it's available now, and then not shipping anything for a month.
Yes and if they dont ship in sufficient volumes in 30 - 60 days from announcement date then it becomes a paper launch....

Back